Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
because your claim that "debt and deficit are fairly low" can only be said if you are looking at debt from a historical point, it simply isnt true of the deficit in any way. and neither of them arent where economist expected. the point you miss about Keynesian economics is you arent supposed to spend contstantly, all the time, only when the economy has a shock and needs temporary input. we had non-stop input from 2000 onwards, in the UK and globally.

My comment about debt and deficit being fairly low related to pre-2007, and I clearly stated as much (see post 308). So I'm still waiting to hear from you where I've confused debt and deficit, which is why you've accused me of talking tosh.
I agree with your point about Keynesian economics during boom-time. What you need to demonstrate -- ideally with some clear figures -- is that the input was unusually high during 1997-2007, but even that won't indicate that I'm confusing debt and deficit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wonder what [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] thinks now ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
following so much austerity the only conclusion is that Ed Milliband has proven to be a disastrous opposition leader

Have to agree with that.

In much the same way Cameron should have romped home at the last election, Milliband should be MILES in the lead at this stage of a parliament.

I'm afraid that by backing the wrong brother, Labour have blown it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The latest poll doesn't say much. After all the Tories wooing over Dave's speech, they only have a 1 point lead. A fact Michael Portillo mentioned last night was that an equal share of the vote brings in a labour majority, so I wouldn't go too mad if I were a Tory supporter.
I'm not a Labour lover, more a left sided viewer, I like lots of things that both sides do but I find myself hating a lot of things about the Tories. So Labour for me is the lesser of the two evils and I genuinely believe Ed will address the poor wages in this country and not take us down the road of corporate rule (we are almost there) and up the garden path out of the EU. However, Ed Balls is a worry. I don't think that guy could work out a bus timetable let alone set the tone for the economy.
One thing about the Ukips, that woman on 'This week' last night was thick as shite and looked out of place amongst the others. It re affirmed what a bunch of far right idiots they are. Keep it coming ukips.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The only way Labour will win another general election is if they put another Tory in charge like they did with Blair.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The only way Labour will win another general election is if they put another Tory in charge like they did with Blair.

No it isn't. There's a real possibility that they will win by default in 2015 due to UKIP splitting the Tory vote - as Cameron said, people going to bed with Farage and waking up with Ed Milliband. All this noise about UKIP also being a threat to Labour is complete bo$$olks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Tubthumper is out of the office today. He might reply to your message when he returns.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Scottish Independence showed just how unreliable polls can be, whereas the bookies were spot on. I prefer to consult Oddschecker rather than argue the toss over whether the Tories lead by 1% or Labour by 7%.

The bookies have No Overall Majority as even money. A Labour majority is 7/4, a Tory majority 3/1. They regard a Lib/Lab coalition as more likely than a Lib/Con coalition.

Labour have done nothing to convince floating voters, and Miliband forgetting his speech has given the media a scent of blood. I fancy the UKIP vote will diminish by 3-4% come the election, but that is still enough to make the election close and all 4 Main parties will be harbouring serious hopes of being part of the next government.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here