Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-20/1/19

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Results not gong our way this weekend - gradually losing touch with PL division 2. Did hope we might catch one or two of the likes of B'muff, Wet Sham, Wolves, etc, or at least keep up with them.

Now we just need to keep clear of PL division 3 !

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another disgusting piece of cheating from Mo Salah today, winning the Divers Derby against Zaha hands down .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lots of NSC regulars saying Pogba dived. I haven’t seen it. Was it?

Not a dive as such but he went down very very easily. There was contact but I’d need to see it on a screen that doesn’t keep freezing to be able to confirm it was as soft as it seemed at the time

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Results not gong our way this weekend - gradually losing touch with PL division 2. Did hope we might catch one or two of the likes of B'muff, Wet Sham, Wolves, etc, or at least keep up with them.

Now we just need to keep clear of PL division 3 !

We're top of the league :rolleyes:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to the BT commentator, Unai Emery has become the first Arsenal manager not named Arsene Wenger to win a home game against Chelsea since George Graham in October 1994.

Is that really impressive? Is it worth noting. I mean, there were two home matches v Chelsea between George Graham's win in October 1994 and Arsene Wenger taking over. They were both drawn. They are hardly a bogey team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lots of NSC regulars saying Pogba dived. I haven’t seen it. Was it?

Pogba dived, yes. That isn’t to say that Bong DIDN’T touch him, but the contact was absolutely not responsible for his fall. It’s cheating, pure and simple.

But it will go down as one where “he is ENTITLED to go down”. Which is a load of ****.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pogba dived, yes. That isn’t to say that Bong DIDN’T touch him, but the contact was absolutely not responsible for his fall. It’s cheating, pure and simple.

But it will go down as one where “he is ENTITLED to go down”. Which is a load of ****.

Nice to get your (experienced sporting) view on these incidents. The same as mine.

I’m knew this cheating was here to stay when old school ex players such as Lineker and Shearer joined the bandwagon, with the condoning “entitled” type claptrap.

Practically the last two standing in the media who still call it cheating are Allan Green and Robbie Savage.

Sad.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fulham and Huddersfield getting stuffed today would be nice

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Try thinking it through

I have done hence the question.

The Albion are unlikely to catch City and/or Spurs.
Fulham & Huddersfield are even more unlikely to catch the Albion?

Begging the the question:-

Why?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Town got away with one there...WTF is the point in linespersons? That was a blatant a penalty on sterling that you would ever see.

Unfortunate deflection on the goal but city are all over town.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have done hence the question.

The Albion are unlikely to catch City and/or Spurs.
Fulham & Huddersfield are even more unlikely to catch the Albion?

Begging the the question:-

Why?

I’m struggling to work it out as well.

The more games they lose, the sooner we become mathematically, certainly safe and can do away with 'unlikely' to catch us. Palace started last season with a such a poor run of form, no one had had such a bad start and survived. Yet they finished above us. Funny things happen in football. 'Mathematical certainty' is much more preferable to 'unlikely'.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
The more games they lose, the sooner we become mathematically, certainly safe and can do away with 'unlikely' to catch us. Palace started last season with a such a poor run of form, no one had had such a bad start and survived. Yet they finished above us. Funny things happen in football. 'Mathematical certainty' is much more preferable to 'unlikely'.

Still not making sense. You think Fulham and Hudds will catch us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here