Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They should get you on there. It couldn't hurt.

Between them and their researchers it would be nice they knew the laws of the game. They fail so often.

D

Deleted member 2719

Great idea, try moaning the players into performing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barnsey can probably still hear you ringing in his ears mate, come on, we all have a little moan some players need it, Murray is one of those.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sickening to be undone by another penalty that changed the course of the game.

Hopefully next week will be a smooth progression to the FA Cup 5th round and forget these big clubs that need to con officials.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, he changed it ..................... and we still lost!

Think we are 'growing into' this division a bit though, so not too depressed at tonight's result. Little bit concerned that we're dropping away from PL division 2, though - don't want to be pulled back into PL division 3.

We’ve just completed a run of nightmare fixtures. I had Arsenal, Everton, LFC and ManU (all have recently spent countless £100m’s) as LLLL.

Yet we gained 4 crucial points and have played well.

To me it all bodes well.

I bet the clubs below us have a load of tough fixtures coming soon.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Between them and their researchers it would be nice they knew the laws of the game. They fail so often.

So do Select Group match officials. I wouldn't worry about MOTD. It's not important.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Great improvement 2nd half but the end result is that we lost another game that perhaps we could and should have got something from. It showed that we desperately need an AM with pace to rep,lace Gross or Propper as they get tired.

Yes ,fully agree as we look slow there but Bissouma will be terrific given time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We did well today and had them worried at the end. Just left Manchester Piccadilly for Euston

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We did well today and had them worried at the end. Just left Manchester Piccadilly for Euston

Godspeed. Love you.

And all the other travelling supporters.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It was a blatant pen, I'm not sure how anyone can say he dived. Bong fell into the back of his legs, it was just a clumsy foul.

Agree with all the comments about starting Andone. The 4-3-3 doesn't suit Murray. Looking ahead Andone should be the no.1 in that position and in the summer they should be trying to sign some competition for him.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not much in the way of clear cut chances for United at Old Trafford, despite being on form and playing pretty well in the game.

Praying for the final whistle towards the end.

We had some decent chances to score and conceded an unlucky/poor penalty.

Could have been 1 - 1. Could have been 2 - 2. Could have even been 1 - 2.

We don't get thrashed by anyone, every opponent needs to be on their game when they play us, and even then it's not easy to break us down and we always have a goal in us.

Expectations for us in a match like today are basically equal to expectations for your West Hams, your Leicesters, your Evertons under similar circumstances.

We're a middle of the road Prem side.

We've arrived. This is what we've waited and wished for, for such a long time.

Be joyful.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We’ve just completed a run of nightmare fixtures. I had Arsenal, Everton, LFC and ManU (all have recently spent countless £100m’s) as LLLL.

To me it all bodes well.

Indeed, I predicted 2 points from this difficult run of games. We now need to take some points from Fulham A, Watford H and Burnley H.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sickening to be undone by another penalty that changed the course of the game.

Hopefully next week will be a smooth progression to the FA Cup 5th round and forget these big clubs that need to con officials.

Are you suggesting they conned the ref into a penalty? Best laugh I've had all day!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Murray sadly is not what you need away from home when the onus for us is to counter attack. Andone, Locadia maybe Gyyokeres should be filling that spot. Murray now a home player where we press teams back more

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Didn’t dive
Was a pen
Games changed after 60 mins after Adone and Knicky came on.

Disappointing first 60 mins, felt we didn’t set up right with Murray starting (less of an outlet than he used to be)

Would like to see Adone start against Fulham, probably keep March for discipline but give knock 30 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Pascal not just a home player anymore!Hope his dad got a perfect view.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Where is that Albion Mojo thread? Because I'm not sure that my Albion mojo has been any higher in the last 50 years

And definitely not after a run of results like we've just had :thumbsup:

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

To me it all bodes well.

Exactly. Seven games on the spin against sides above us and a 5 point return is by no means bad, including four top 6 games where we were in the game in each.

You are right about fixtures; Cardiff have no home games left against sides lower than 12th.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Where is that Albion Mojo thread? Because I'm not sure that my Albion mojo has been any higher in the last 50 years

And definitely not after a run of results like we've had

Agree with that. Most thought we would have at least another 7 goals against in our figures after the last two games. Instead stout defending combined with a refreshed eagerness to attack bodes well for future games

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Is Gross injured? Otherwise I cannot fathom why Hughton has brought on Kayal for him.

I think Hughton does this when he is going to bung Duffy up front so he has extra legs in midfield to cover. Doesn't really make sense to me either but I can sort of see his thinking. For me having our best striker of a dead ball on the pitch when we have put our best header of a ball up front makes more sense.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here