Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] OT. Afternoon radio

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I praised Peel and his music on NSC, I was ‘jumped on’ for his apparent Savilesque trait (something I genuinely didn’t know about). Teinting slightly amazing memories as a teen in listening to beautiful new music from an endless list of bands late at night.

Steve Wright - a boring wally in the 80’s and 35 years later he’s exactly the same. Obsessed with Americana like the Eagles, behind his faux jokey persona, he hated The Cure, Smiths, Bunnymen, etc.

Across BBC radio, I like Livesey, Kermode, Campbell (I know he’s hated on NSC), Ken Bruce, and a whole load of interesting stuff on R4. Chiles is OK. Victoria Derbyshire’s R5 show was brilliant.

Nicky Campbell is the best presenter. Genius. Fact. punk::thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I do listen to R6 but I'm not really keen on modern rap music, seems to be far too much being played lately.
I did hear Public Image by PIL this afternoon though, but unfortunately followed by some rap :annoyed: ( I'm old )

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nicky Campbell is the best presenter. Genius. Fact. punk::thumbsup:

Disliked by left and right people I know as “biased”, so he must be doing something right :)

I think NSC had a very similar thread to this in the last few weeks?! Where I said ‘Your Call’ makes funny listening .... angry people from the Shires interrupting each other. Normally a very rude right wing Tyke, clashing with an arrogant women from the home counties, with a typical :angry: “YOU’VE HAD YOUR TURN, NOW IT’S MY TURN TO SPEAK”.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh all seeing, omniscient,infallible, NSC can I harness your knowledge. I am a gardener and my job doesn't use all my limited brain power so I listen to the radio all day. Mornings are OK, especially now the slightly annoying Chris Evans has sloped off (I would have preferred Sarah Cox but I think Zoe will be fine) and Ken Bruce doesn't get my goat, not sure why. But what do I do with my afternoons? I absolutely loved Radcliffe and Marconie. Mostly good music and intelligent, humorous chat. I've given Shaun Keaveny 2 day's and I'm not impressed. I would rather eat my own poo than listen to Jeremy Vine and Steve Wright, radio 3 is good for 45 mins and then dull as ditch water and radio 4 just distracts me too much, so what station should I listen to (on my personal DAB player) or should I Google how to download podcasts?

Same job....I use some bluetooth ear plugs and when machinery isn't running listen to podcasts or downloaded music...that way I choose what I listen to

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depending on my mood and location I usually listen to Smooth Radio for most of the day with Paul Fear in the afternoon or Classic Fm with Anne-Marie Minhall and her request show

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Shelagh Fogarty on LBC 1-4 or Matthew Wright on talkRADIO if the subject is too Woman's Hour.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When working from home, like today, it is UK Classic Fm all the time.
On site local Heritage Radio, which I believe is online and gets listeners from the UK as well.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I listen to Absolute 80s at home through my TV, I can't tune in on my work or van DAB, i get Absolute and Absolute 90s.
Do get a bit fed up with Plusnet and Direct Line ads though.

Same, 12pm switch over to Absolute 90’s , sometimes Union Jack, and yesterday found Virgin Anthems that has NO taking of adverts whatsoever just the occasional message about Chris Evans starting.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Still listening to 6 nearly all the time. I am VERY angry that RadMac have been moved though as their show was the best thing on the radio.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Afternoons with Allison Ferns

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Another one here for Classic FM. It calms me down after dealing with some of my more tedious clients.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here