Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy Chris Hughton Day

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely perfect fit for a club that's run like ours......

Interestingly, I think his stock is now on yet another rise after the last few games where he's (cautiously as usual) widened our tactical range leading to yet more improvements...............the way in which (supported by remarkable recruitment) he has steadily and incrementally improved us in the last 4 years is an absolute masterclass in progression against a long term plan whilst making sure the foundations are safe and the squad stays #together. We all need to be a bit more patient.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Aren't tractors are bit modern? Don't you mean horses?

Just got back from a few days in Norfolk (at a surprisingly good hotel resort). There are indeed lots of tractors......it takes forever to get anywhere as you get stuck behind the ****ers all the time. Reminded me of being back in Devon. Didn't come across too many weirdos this time, locals all seemed friendly enough :D

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Talking of Norfolk - at least there's one good thing that's come out of it.....

20181231_154352.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just got back from a few days in Norfolk (at a surprisingly good hotel resort). There are indeed lots of tractors......it takes forever to get anywhere as you get stuck behind the ****ers all the time. Reminded me of being back in Devon. Didn't come across too many weirdos this time, locals all seemed friendly enough :D

Love Norfolk, think Norwich is my favourite City. Was very lucky to grow up partially on the broads - very swallows and amazons! The north coast is beautiful too, equally good for summertime beaches and winter walks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Love Norfolk, think Norwich is my favourite City. Was very lucky to grow up partially on the broads - very swallows and amazons! The north coast is beautiful too, equally good for summertime beaches and winter walks.

Can see that.....I ran along a bit of the Norfolk Coastal Path, very nice.......also had a holiday on the Broads a few years ago (house by the river but rented a day boat) and loved it. Will go back at some point - fishing off the doorstep every morning was ace [emoji16]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let us see. Unsurprisingly, Judas Horton got it wrong.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?314602-Hughton&highlight=hughton

Not sure if the "egg" Clive Walker was referring to was CH or McDermott. Cowfold Seagull thought McDermott was the man or maybe Lee Clarke. Justice wanted Sherwood. Ernest clueless as usual.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...Hughton-are-still-available&highlight=hughton

Marshy might not want to click this link.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?314692-Chris-hughton&highlight=hughton

Then there is more good stuff here

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?315464-Hughton-in!&highlight=hughton

I do love a good bounce. Plenty you could quote from there but my two favourites are:

Never happen.

Both experienced and British. Pretty much counts them out!

:wrong:

Mainly because it's from a bloke who thinks he's right all the time and calls anyone who disagrees with him an idiot :lol:

Then there's this:

You will grow to love him, when he takes us to safety and then up as champions next season he he he

Oh so nearly right and kudos for that post :thumbsup:

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
I will admit I was a bit underwhelmed when he joined, but bloody hell I was wrong. There could not be a more perfect manger that fits the Albion and his achievements with us have been unbelievable. Fantastic manager and a real gent. Hope he stays with us for a very very long time.

Very much this.

I too was meh/underwhelmed when he was appointed but I think that because he is so quiet / uncontroversial / respectful*, he's a bit under the radar and doesn't really attract attention.
However he has done brilliantly here and I am very happy to have him as our manager - he really provides the stability that this club needs.

(*apart from his disgusting touchline fist pumps)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If he'd been given the job instead of Hyypia (he was interviewed at the time) then we'd probably be in the top six now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If he'd been given the job instead of Hyypia (he was interviewed at the time) then we'd probably be in the top six now.

Thank God Hughton wasn’t too proud to apply a second time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here