Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy propper

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This. Not getting anywhere near enough credit. Forget the Arsenal defending, it was pure class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I nearly wet myself at how good that pass was, whether that shit no.12 got a touch or not, either Gross or Locadia were in. Shaped it with the outside of his boot, pass of the season contender for us.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A sublime outside of the boot through ball, perfectly weighted.

As opposed to the BBC report which suggested optimistic hoof. It wasn't Duffy!

This. Not getting anywhere near enough credit. Forget the Arsenal defending, it was pure class!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I nearly wet myself at how good that pass was, whether that shit no.12 got a touch or not, either Gross or Locadia were in. Shaped it with the outside of his boot, pass of the season contender for us.

Winner I would say, just can’t see how it can beaten.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
A sublime outside of the boot through ball, perfectly weighted.

As opposed to the BBC report which suggested optimistic hoof. It wasn't Duffy!

The Guardian MBM also wrote something like 'hoofed clear by Pröpper" and the match report stated "Davy Pröpper hit a hopeful ball downfield."

If it's Eriksen or De Bruyne it's a wonder pass. If it's a Brighton player it's a hoof.

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Wtf, he was pinging the ball forward beautifully today even noted by Arsenal fans.

Completely agree hence saying he was great yesterday. Has been very poor overall this season however and if we want to become established I think he needs to be replaced, especially considering the number of stupid fouls he gives away in dangerous areas.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Described as a hopeful long ball headed to Locadia by Lichsteiner. No, sumptuous ball which took out their defence and was beautifully controlled and dispatched by Locadia.

Exactly. If only the press watched the game. Or didn’t favour the big club. In fact, if it was Ozil they’d have scrutinised it a lot more and called it a great ball I reckon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Described as a hopeful long ball headed to Locadia by Lichsteiner. No, sumptuous ball which took out their defence and was beautifully controlled and dispatched by Locadia.

The MotD commentator called with words to the effect of:-

'Propper saw what was happening and was on to it quickly'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A fair few "goofball" comments from angry Arsenal fans on social media last night. Watch MOTD and you'll see a number of balls hit straight over the top to Aubameyang.

Apparently these were "raking passes" though, and not "long balls". Whereas all the beautiful cross field passes struck yesterday by Pröpper and Montoya to wingers in acres of space were not the same thing, at all. Just hoofing.

Football snobbery at its finest :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A fair few "goofball" comments from angry Arsenal fans on social media last night. Watch MOTD and you'll see a number of balls hit straight over the top to Aubameyang.

Apparently these were "raking passes" though, and not "long balls". Whereas all the beautiful cross field passes struck yesterday by Pröpper and Montoya to wingers in acres of space were not the same thing, at all. Just hoofing.

Football snobbery at its finest :clap2:

Loved how every one of those 'raking passes' were perfectly judged by Duffy who, every time, stepped into the long ball (sorry I mean raking pass) to either head it away or control it on his chest.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Propper Stephens Bissouma is as good a midfield three as anybody outside the top four. Just need CH to give up on Gross

On the other thread I've said Bissouma is a genuine threat to any of the midfield positions. CH doesn't need to give up on Gross, all that needs to happen is Bissouma to show Chris he makes the team better so select him.

That aside, I thought Gross played really well yesterday. He genuinely has a vision for putting the ball in attacking spaces that I haven't seen since Vicente. Some of his play at close quarters was frankly brilliant and got into shooting positions when he had no right to. He is top quality.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Loved how every one of those 'raking passes' were perfectly judged by Duffy who, every time, stepped into the long ball (sorry I mean raking pass) to either head it away or control it on his chest.

And on that notion, I for one am going to be delighted to see Dunk – Duffy back on team sheet Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here