Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Yeah agree, but I doubt these are flying low enough for the police to get their pump actions out.
Have you not heard of these?
images

I'm now beginning to suspect that the reason it's not being deployed is for health and safety reasons i.e. too dangerous for the police to tackle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck with your journey HT

Cheers mate. I’m currently standing in line with lots of tired and shirty people for a flight to LHR. It’s been a testing and long day especially as the wife is flying tomorrow and we’ve had to make a back-up flight booking in case of hers being cancelled and others being booked out.

I should make St John tomorrow and my meeting with [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION] tonight in Brighton is back on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I suspect the operator will now be worrying how nice the SAS really are !

"Police have made a formal request to the MoD for military assistance to deal with the Gatwick incident .

A defence source would not go into any detail of what that support would entail."

And so a giant game of manhunt using elite special forces begins ..... I wonder if the bookies will give any odds as to who will win ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never rule out the Russians.

I think long term there needs to be some kind of electronic block that will prevent drones from being operated via radio control. Currently you could effectively shut down all air travel in or out of the country with maybe two dozen well trained agents with drones.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I don't live in the Gatwick area, but if I did, then the last thing I would be worrying about tonight is whether a stray bullet comes crashing through my bedroom ceiling and blows my brains out.
I mean, really, what are the chances?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
This might have been covered off already but can't the Police/Military track the radio signal that's going to the Drone and see where the source is? Is that not possible?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This is just going to be a re-run of the Raoul Moat saga. Now all we need is Gazza to turn up in North Terminal departures with a Christmas turkey and bottle of Bailey's and this typically British farce will reach its conclusion.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Gatwick activists apparently. How can the crusties afford a drone ?

Don’t be fooled ,these shithouses have more money than the Pope, all thanks to the benefits handed to them on a plate by the poor sods that had their holidays of a lifetime ruined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m on Germanwings. I hope the pilot wasn’t recruited from the nut-house like that other one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It sure has been a fun day sitting here in the North Terminal since 5.30 this morning waiting for information.

Good luck. Hope your situation gets better.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't we summon up the Crawley Quidditch team to sort this out ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here