Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Beram Kayla disciplinary TIGHTROPE

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Have you ever wondered why the feck you bother to keep something regularly updated on a public message board, if nobody (including the board owner) can be bothered to refer to it? :shrug:

Brighton and Hove Albion - Disciplinary Status 2018-19

I had absolutely no idea that was there. Very useful. (One of the reasons why I never want to see The Big Board divided up into separate sub-forums, good stuff will get lost to all but the most regular users). Even now I'm not sure how to get there by navigating through the menu structure.

EDIT: Just had a poke around. Is it the 'Read The Albion' menu tab? Never looked at that before, there's quite a bit of stuff in there!

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So Beram needs one more yellow for a day off.
As Dale is likely to return Saturday I presume Beram will be on the bench. What are the odds of Beram 'accidently' tripping the fourth official whilst stretching his legs away at B'muff thus getting Christmas off?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And yet Leicester's James Madison, dismissed for two yellows against the Albion, 'served' his one match ban, by missing the Carabao Cup match against Southampton (that he would have been rested for anyway), and was free to return and score the decisive goal, in their PL game against Watford on Saturday.

:shrug:

Football League Cup as opposed to FA Cup? Any clues [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thank you. That's the first time I've read about yellow cards only being applicable to that competition, when awarded.

It's interesting that yellow cards are only applicable to that competition but red cards carry over to others. James Maddison served his suspension in the League Cup game against Southampton. I wonder if they will bring red cards into line with the new yellow card rule.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thank you. That's the first time I've read about yellow cards only being applicable to that competition, when awarded.

And yet Leicester's James Madison, dismissed for two yellows against the Albion, 'served' his one match ban, by missing the Carabao Cup match against Southampton (that he would have been rested for anyway), and was free to return and score the decisive goal, in their PL game against Watford on Saturday.

It's interesting that yellow cards are only applicable to that competition but red cards carry over to others. James Maddison served his suspension in the League Cup game against Southampton. I wonder if they will bring red cards into line with the new yellow card rule.

Applicable to yellows not reds. Thanks JJJJS.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So Beram needs one more yellow for a day off.
As Dale is likely to return Saturday I presume Beram will be on the bench. What are the odds of Beram 'accidently' tripping the fourth official whilst stretching his legs away at B'muff thus getting Christmas off?

As a Muslim he's probably not overly bothered to be honest..............................

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Football League Cup as opposed to FA Cup? Any clues [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] ?

Applicable to yellows not reds. Thanks JJJJS.

I'm not sure what prompted this change. It does seem now to be a bit of a dog's dinner; cautions only apply to the competition they were "earned" in, but suspensions for dismissals apply to the next match(es), regardless of competition. At least the old system was simple to understand.

Apparently two cautions earned in a cup competition will now lead to a suspension in that competition (but only up to the quarter-final stage) - FA announce significant change to yellow cards for 2018/19 season

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I believe, despite the fact he clearly should have been sent off twice over, last night was in fact Zaha’s 4th yellow card of the season - would hate to see him banned, including yellows for diving.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I believe, despite the fact he clearly should have been sent off twice over, last night was in fact Zaha’s 4th yellow card of the season - would hate to see him banned, including yellows for diving.

Yep, in fact they now have 3 players on 4 yellow cards - Mr Tumble, James Tomkins and Luka Milivojevic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that Kayal must be fairly confident of avoiding the 5th booking as he possibly wont play in any of the 3 games but cant say the same of Bissouma Knockaert and Stephens.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Beram Kayal (should he even get on the pitch) is the only Albion player still in danger of accumulating sufficient cautions (5) prior to the deadline to earn a one-match suspension. After Wednesday's game, the new deadline becomes the 32nd Premier League fixture of the season (currently Southampton at home on March 30) where 10 cautions will earn a two-match suspension ----------> Brighton and Hove Albion - Disciplinary Status 2018-19

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here