Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So why not the Norwegian model?
free movement is racist ........so no thanks.

Satifies the most people..
Dont need to satisfy remainers.....you lost remember

I am against a second referendum, that is silly. But a new referendum: accept the deal/leave no deal/ remain seems very sensible.

No need for a remain option, you have already said

Yes, leave means leave.

cheerio :wave:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So why not the Norwegian model? Satifies the most people. I am against a second referendum, that is silly. But a new referendum: accept the deal/leave no deal/ remain seems very sensible.

You think a referendum with three options is a viable idea? Wow!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Yeah, one of those things the EU should have a rethink on. But for now the journalists should try asking the MEP's themselves where there expenses money went, I wonder what Farage would say? The Daily allowance of £280 for turning up is a bit stingy though, they get £300 in the house of Lords, and most of them are within an hour of the House, MEP's can spend several hours travelling to Brussels.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You think a referendum with three options is a viable idea? Wow!

I think that most leavers are not as thick as you think, and could actually cope with 3 options, Ppf and 2Bob excluded, obviously.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The Norway model leaves. So what about it does not respect the referendum result?
How is freedom of movement rasict? Surely the opposite is true? How can equality of movement be racist?

It's idiot semantics from boys who spend too long on the internet sharing Pepe the frog memes. Best ignored.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Explain how it is bad? It delivers the result of the referendum (what leavers want) and will satisfy remainers as they can retain many aspects of the eu they like.

It's bad because we still have to pay the EU, abide by their rules and yet get no say or votes.

Would you mind pointing out to me when we voted to join the EEA ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't forget, of course, that we used to be in EFTA, but had to leave it to join the common market / EEC / EU.

Not unreasonable, therefore, that on leaving the EU we arrange to rejoin EFTA.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So why not the Norwegian model? Satifies the most people. I am against a second referendum, that is silly. But a new referendum: accept the deal/leave no deal/ remain seems very sensible.

More importantly it 100% abides by the referendum result. As I have said before, the Norwegian model is actually better for me than the current arrangement. And it will start to reunite the nation. Apart from a few selfish swivel/eyed loons who would not want to start to bring the country together again?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Lots of talk on the Norway model here - both for and against.

It reminded me that Norway did have a referendum of whether or not to join the EEC. They rejected and I recall a very nasty aspect to this. A poster was circulated by the 'No' campaign depicting an archetypal pretty blonde Norwegian babe. Alongside her was a stereotypical and rather hideous, swarthy male. The message at the bottom was something like 'Join the EEC and your daughter will marry a Sicilian' .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lots of talk on the Norway model here - both for and against.

It reminded me that Norway did have a referendum of whether or not to join the EEC. They rejected and I recall a very nasty aspect to this. A poster was circulated by the 'No' campaign depicting an archetypal pretty blonde Norwegian babe. Alongside her was a stereotypical and rather hideous, swarthy male. The message at the bottom was something like 'Join the EEC and your daughter will marry a Sicilian' .

This topic does draw out the very worst in people, see my comments about posters wanting to “hunt down” or “search for” people who have different views to them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's bad because we still have to pay the EU, abide by their rules and yet get no say or votes.

We didn't, but we're a parliamentary democracy - we don't and shouldn't have referendums on every single policy decision and never have. The 2016 referendum proves the point, as it has been an absolute disaster - it was fought on lies and ignorance from both sides, and a shining example of why we are supposed to be able to elect MPs to make difficult decisions for us.

But we've had a referendum now and as far as I'm concerned, the ONLY thing we voted for was to leave the EU in it's current form. We're not beholden to people like you to decide exactly what form of Brexit we get. That is down to politicians.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I like my my MP, always have done and would never say a disparaging remark about her. :whistle:

The former home secretary Amber Rudd said yesterday that she could foresee circumstances under which she would back a second referendum. “No deal is something parliament would object to,” she said. “A people’s vote is something that could result from an impasse. Is it preferable to no deal, absolutely.” She added that the prime minister’s plan also failed to allow for a Norway-style or EEA-style deal to stay in the single market.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...x?shareToken=5cf6bbee973bebe369f8d35167fb4559

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Again, simply untrue. I really do have no problem with the second vote ballot question
A/ Leave with the negotiated deal
Or
B/ Leave with no deal
Its why I have posted images similar to this, that respect democracy, a number of times in the past.
View attachment 100910
I don’t see how the public though will add anything new to that discussion above parliamentary scrutiny especially as many remain voters, it would appear , don’t even know final concluded trade arrangements with the EU cannot happen until after march 2019, when we are a third country and will already have left.
Undemocratic loons applies to weasel ####s like you, people who do not respect a democratic outcome to Leave and insist on what is nothing else but a re-run version of the referendum, always has and always will no matter how much you protest.

Thank you. No answer whatsoever to my substantive point and merely an ungrammatical dribble of personal insults. Classic doncha-think-I'm-clever Pastafarian.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More importantly it 100% abides by the referendum result. As I have said before, the Norwegian model is actually better for me than the current arrangement. And it will start to reunite the nation. Apart from a few selfish swivel/eyed loons who would not want to start to bring the country together again?

As pointed out, we would have all the rules, pay into it, but no say in it. We would still be worse off than now.

Who said Project Fear? The government have appointed a Food Supplies Minister. Yes, really.

[tweet]1045033165558042626[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 22389

I see Corbyn sticking his nose in to Brexit again. Wonder what he will come back with. We are leaving the EU Jeremy. We voted Leave. don't you and your party get it, obviously not.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I agree that it would give us greater sovereignty to remain, however, if you believe Farage and the Brexit press, the EU never listens to us anyway, we always lose in votes, and so being outside and not having a say will make little difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here