Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March untouchable ?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I watched on tv and they panned in on Knocky a couple of times in the second half and he looked angry and aggrieved about any decision that went against him, he them dived when he lost the ball and started remonstrating with the Lino. I was concerned about him losing it a good ten mins before CH subbed him. I think the way he threw a strop and was told to shut it by CH when he was subbed would suggest he had lost his cool and we all know what happens when he does that. We do not need to lose an important player in such good form for a few games imo.

I may be wrong but that’s how I saw it hence my backing for the substitution :shrug:

If that's the case then I understand the substitution . I must admit, I didn't notice him getting particularly wound up. For all his qualities, he can be frustratingly childish at times!

Greek Seagull

Feb 22, 2009
Lancing
I didn’t think Solly had a terrible game today by any means but what frustrates me is that he has the talent to take on the full back, get to the byline and then get his cross in. Too often though he swings in a cross from a far deeper position which means it doesn’t have the same potency it would have if delivered from the byline. He needs to turn his full back round more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gotta admit I fear for March. He promises so much but lacks the final ball. Not even getting that shot on target from that position is embarrassing for a Premier League footballer. Disappointing and absolutely deserved the right old bollockings he got at multiple times from Murray today

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Poor is a bit harsh, but he wasn't great. I'd probably have put him at somewhere between 5.5 and 6.5 today. As aforementioned, I think the only reason he wasn't taken off was owing to the recklessness Knockaert began to show in the second half. Knockaert really is a player we cannot afford to be having sent off.
I'd like to see Ali J and Knockaert both start though after the int'l break, even if it is just for one came to remind March that he is expendable and he needs to fight for his place. The most annoying thing about March is you never know which March is going to turn up.

So I reckon that’s a six then!!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Murray off colour?

Wins a penalty, scores first goal, scores penalty to draw.

Like to see what happens when he's playing well.

His all round game was very poor. The fact he was decisive with a penalty and an easy finish and he potentially dived for a penalty (all decisive moments, I must confess), shouldn’t overlook the fact that he didn’t do a lot of basics right today.

He’ll play much better and not score, put it that way. Although I guess we’d all take decisive but not on it most days of the week week.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His all round game was very poor. The fact he was decisive with a penalty and an easy finish and he potentially dived for a penalty (all decisive moments, I must confess), shouldn’t overlook the fact that he didn’t do a lot of basics right today.

He’ll play much better and not score, put it that way. Although I guess we’d all take decisive but not on it most days of the week week.

Wow

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A) the other bloke in his position is injured
B) I agree Knocky was playing much better but I guess it’s because he doesn’t fancy AK or AJ on the left wing.
C) First 10 mins today Solly looked unreal and confident but then stopped taking people on. Strange one.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Knocky doesn't exactly have a high % of end product either but in this game did look more dangerous yes. I thought we'd get a thread saying how nice it was both played better than usual but no it's a negative one.

Agree Knocky was probably chosen to be subbed because was getting a big hot-headed, but there's room for that in our squad to a point. Just has to turn it into inspiring others rather than internalising his heat and looking like a red card waiting to happen.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

BBC reporter saw it very differently to you and I have to agree. He was given MotM as well.......

Murray stars for resilient Brighton

Form going into this game suggested it would be a contest between evenly matched sides, and so it proved as the hosts levelled the scores with six minutes remaining.

Manchester United (twice), Arsenal and Tottenham have all visited the Amex Stadium since Hughton's side last lost at home in the Premier League - a hefty 4-0 reverse to Chelsea - on 20 January.

That resilience had led to Hughton largely keeping faith with the players that ensured top-flight survival last season; of 10 summer signings only Spanish defender Martin Montoya made the starting XI.

Murray was one of those key performers last season. He proved his worth again here in a performance just about running the fine line between combative and undisciplined as he scored for the second home league game in succession.

His nuisance value unnerved the visiting defenders throughout, winning Brighton's first penalty and almost adding to his tally of two goals on three other occasions.

While his late foul on Seri was unwise when already on a booking, his contribution ultimately proved the difference between defeat and a valuable point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
...l

I'm disappointed by March though, given how he started the game. He got past the dreadful Fosu-Mensah on multiple occasions and actually delivered some good balls into the box but then he randomly dropped far too deep and didn't offer much going forward. Especially his set pieces!

What?
Failed to deliver hardly any decent crosses despite having the beating of his man, Murray was berating him amongst others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Just about sums up modern football when so many are so quick to have a pop at one of of the two local lads we have in our side. The same player who scored the goal that promoted us. On top of that I think he actually had a good game.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he's found out at this level , he's not good enough at this point and needs to develop his game , if he can , to keep up .......if he can't then he's not good enough. i think he's very much a confidence player and his self belief is hot and cold , he could supplement that by putting in a bit more effort...... thousands of young lads out there would gladly contribute a bollock to be where he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here