Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to seeing over 1,000 fans at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
How many would we have sold if there were no points for this game? Are the people moaning because they wanted a ticket to go to the game or they wanted 10 points or just moaning at people getting 10 points?

Shall we go or shall we stay home and just take the points lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
How do you know everyone going to the cup game would have gone to the league game, which seems to be the basis of your statement?
Many of the tickets were sold in the first tranche to people who are naturally the most loyal fans. Doesn't seem a big leap to surmise that many are the same people. I know 4 of my group of 6 from Friday are going on Tuesday as well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Many of the tickets were sold in the first tranche to people who are naturally the most loyal fans. Doesn't seem a big leap to surmise that many are the same people. I know 4 of my group of 6 from Friday are going on Tuesday as well.

The cup game started at 217 points, which as you know includes a lot of people who have so far been unable to get an away ticket. The league game didn't get beyond the 281 threshold I don't think.

I'm not doubting for a second that our most loyal fans ARE going to both, but then again, if you are your friends are getting tickets for both, you'll likely have 281+ points anyway regardless of the cup game. If your argument is true, then the first tranche threshold for the cup game would have needed to have been 250+ or something, because that is what all those attending the league game must have and there were a lot less tickets available.

The club will have the statistics on what loyalty point levels bought the cup game tickets, and maybe that provides them with important data for the rest of the season, it's obviously something they will build on now that we are selling out every away game, and it is worthy of discussion I think as I still believe the club do listen to fans, and this is new ground for them.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Depends what side of the fence you sit on - if you've got enough loyalty points to get the attractive ties then this is going to piss you off. If you haven't got enough points and missed out on away tickets to games, and see the loyalty point gap getting bigger on games you couldn't get a ticket for, then you'll be all over this to bump up your numbers.
But what's an attractive tie? Personally, I find any away game watching my team play attractive, and I'm gutted that I will be unable to get to either Bournemouth game this season due to work commitments. I find the thought of people buying tickets to "unattractive" away games to gain points, then not bothering to turn up, thereby denying a ticket to someone who really wanted to go, and also diminishing the actual support at the game, totally obscene. Because they want to go and watch fvucking Arsenal or Chelsea. You then start to wonder who they really support, they should be called "disloyalty points". God, it makes me cross.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It is entirely my own fault that I didn't get a ticket. I waited a few days before deciding to go and never thought that a Carabao Cup game might sell out.

However, let's imagine that I was offered 'a spare', and I ignored the fact that tickets are non-transferable.

It's slightly annoying that I'd be going to Bournemouth on a Tuesday night to support the team, but someone else would be getting the loyalty points.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Imagine if people spend hundreds of quid on games they won't go to just to get loyalty points this season and then all us old dweebs overtake them again when we're back at Burton and Bolton and Hull next year

But isn't the point that they are ahead of you already because they did go to those games in the past, more so than those with fewer loyalty points?

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
But what's an attractive tie? Personally, I find any away game watching my team play attractive, and I'm gutted that I will be unable to get to either Bournemouth game this season due to work commitments. I find the thought of people buying tickets to "unattractive" away games to gain points, then not bothering to turn up, thereby denying a ticket to someone who really wanted to go, and also diminishing the actual support at the game, totally obscene. Because they want to go and watch fvucking Arsenal or Chelsea. You then start to wonder who they really support, they should be called "disloyalty points". God, it makes me cross.

I don't think any Brighton fans want to go to those games because they want to watch Arsenal/Chelsea etc... they want to go watch Brighton playing at the Emirates, Old Trafford and be there when/if we pull off an impossible.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It is entirely my own fault that I didn't get a ticket. I waited a few days before deciding to go and never thought that a Carabao Cup game might sell out.

However, let's imagine that I was offered 'a spare', and I ignored the fact that tickets are non-transferable.

It's slightly annoying that I'd be going to Bournemouth on a Tuesday night to support the team, but someone else would be getting the loyalty points.

The day they went on sale was brought forward by one day, & someone I know was away for a few days, so didn't know.
They logged in on Friday to buy tickets which had sold out. If fans are buying these tickets just for loyalty points, then you're depriving other fans who actually want to go.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If one was a ST holder and went to most away games surely that individual would already be way ahead on loyalty points? Is that not correct?
Yes I am ahead on loyalty points, and intend staying there. Haven't bought a PL Bournemouth ticket as I cant go.

[/QUOTE]Anyhow, me and my son are pleased we managed to get two tickets via the second loyalty point grouping - we will both be going - this is really a 'home' game for us in terms of distance travelled - yay![/QUOTE]
If you've got a ticket you must have LP's from somewhere surely. This game helps you boost them.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Going to the League game, not the Cup match. I cannot believe there are many stupid enough to buy a Cup ticket at £1 per point not intending to go.
Most I know are north of 400 points anyway, and no more matches this season will require anywhere near that. As above, reacting to a problem that is not really there.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I think people are dreaming up a problem that probably isn't there again...

Maybe, But the other boring part of my story is that I (also stupidly) first booked a place on the single Seagulls Travel coach going to Bournemouth for the Cup match, thinking that was where I would struggle.

There still have seats left.

Fortunately, the nice guys who run Seagulls Travel will refund you if you can't get a ticket for the match.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
ive bought a ticket and are driving my own car if I got the sh*ts or car had incident, what would be adequate proof I tried to get there ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
ive bought a ticket and are driving my own car if I got the sh*ts or car had incident, what would be adequate proof I tried to get there ?

A stool sample or doctors note is the minimum requirement before release of the magical 10 points.

This. We are Premier League now. Gone are the days when you could just send in your Boxers to the club by Registered Post.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I wanted to go, not to get loyalty points but to actually see Brighton in an away game this season. I have 60 or so loyalty points but I never thought that a game at Bournemouth in the mickey-mouse cup just 3 days after playing here in the league would sell out. So if thats selling out I have shit all chance of a league game at all.

All because I don't have a season ticket for the Amex I am completely excluded from away games

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wanted to go, not to get loyalty points but to actually see Brighton in an away game this season. I have 60 or so loyalty points but I never thought that a game at Bournemouth in the mickey-mouse cup just 3 days after playing here in the league would sell out. So if thats selling out I have shit all chance of a league game at all.

All because I don't have a season ticket for the Amex I am completely excluded from away games

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't go to Newcastle and Huddersfield should you wish to and Burnley is another strong possibility. Swansea was one mooted before, I think, but I reckon that's quite unlikely given it's a Saturday 3pm with a capacity of only 2,000 or so.

Not ideal for you, I fully appreciate.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd be very surprised if you couldn't go to Newcastle and Huddersfield should you wish to and Burnley is another strong possibility. Swansea was one mooted before, I think, but I reckon that's quite unlikely given it's a Saturday 3pm with a capacity of only 2,000 or so.

Not ideal for you, I fully appreciate.

I was hoping for Swansea, Stoke, West Brom as relatively (ha!) local to me, but I've pretty much given up on Swansea now. The Britannia is my least favourite stadium in the premier league so that may just be the one I get.

Penzance to Newcastle would be fun wouldn't it :) I might put an application in for bonus loyalty points for that one :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here