We've heard it before
Or....
We take it up the bum
We take it up the bum
We're Brighton and hove Albion
We take it up the bum

That's much better and more fun :)

Jan 30, 2008
We get what we deserve collectively. It was socially common - if not even acceptable - to riot, fight with opposition fans and throw bananas at black footballers until societal norms changed. When people understand that homophobic abuse is as unacceptable as racism, it'll be just as rare. The difference is in 2017 we have the technology and football is inclusive like never before. My solution would stamp it out quickly, effectively and save waiting 20 years for it to stop naturally. If it pisses off a few hundred beer bellied blokes who don't like the idea of being caught making a tit out of themselves, I can live with that.
Beer bellied blokes ,REALLY:dunce:
regards
DR

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Why do you ask? I've already said I don't join in. I do sing chants in support of our team and players.

Apologies, just found it an extremely bizarre comparison!
Ridiculing the deaths of many innocent people, to a bunch of pissed people singing crap chants to another group of pissed people looking forward to responding in kind

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Or....
We take it up the bum
We take it up the bum
We take it up the bum

There used to be a bigger range of comebacks.

'Here for the nightlife, you're only here for the nightlife.'

'You're just bicurious, you're just bicurious.'

'Know 'til you've tried it, you just don't know 'til you've tried it.'

'Sing when your mouth's full, you never sing when your mouth's full.'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apologies, just found it an extremely bizarre comparison!
Ridiculing the deaths of many innocent people, to a bunch of pissed people singing crap chants to another group of pissed people looking forward to responding in kind

I didn't make the original comparison.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or....
We take it up the bum
We take it up the bum
We take it up the bum

Although personally tempted to reply with: 'speak for yourslf - not with my haemorrhoids', you do seem to have missed the point of this thread. If I were gay and heard this shit at the football I would feel intimidated. If my own fellow BHA supporters came out with the 'more fun' response, I'd become a pringles and slippers stay-at-home-fan.

I'm beginning to wonder, to be honest, if there is anything you actually get :shrug:

Anyway, when you wife's mum dies I'm sure you'll be able to cheer her up with some good mother-in-law jokes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Funny watching the blokes who did it arguing and acting like they were the victims when they got pulled out.

"I am on film being a mentalist but I think I'll prolong the joy by remonstrating with the plod until I'm completely embarrasssed"

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What?

"New study finds that homophobia is common in Australian sport"
"AT least 75 per cent of respondents to a study on homophobia in Australian sport say they have witnessed or experienced homophobia."
"The study revealed 75 per cent of heterosexual respondents and 85 per cent of LGB respondents had experienced homophobia in a sporting environment, as either a participant or spectator.

The vast majority of LGB people surveyed agreed or strongly agreed that homophobic behaviour is more common in team sporting environments in Australia than in general society, though heterosexual respondents were split on that question."

like i said in a previous post the whole gender bias and sexual orientation debate is getting way out of hand........if you are being canvassed by organisations with specific agendas with your particular problem being addressed then i doesn't serve any purpose to deny that you have been personally faced with the problem .............did those people experience homophobia directly or did they hear homophobia towards a team mate , if a gay hockey team are asked en masse if they have experienced homophobia after one particular incident then that is 15 people who are going to answer yes , ask any muslim or African if they've ever experienced racism and the answer will be 100 % yes...won't it. Ask any left handed person of they have ever been given jip on the golf course by their playing mates......the answer will be yes , ask any police person if they have ever been abused by a member of the public and the answer will be 100 % yes. the fact remains i am still yet to hear the chant " town full of p*****s , you're just a town full of p***tas" at a football , rugby or afl match in this country........ i have to accept what edna has posted above as fact and i suppose , stand corrected .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the fact remains i am still yet to hear the chant " town full of p*****s , you're just a town full of p***tas" at a football , rugby or afl match in this country
The thing is, I've no idea how many games you go to, or where you go to them. It's possible that you've heard something that didn't seem particularly bad and you've forgotten it. I've no idea how often I've heard homophobic remarks, I generally ignore them, being far more concerned with whether we'd get any points or not. And maybe it's just an issue in certain sports in certain places - or maybe the homophobia is not so much crowds chanting, but comments from players to opponents etc. A lot of unknowns.

I accept your point that you don't recall witnessing homophobia at sporting events, and only knowing what events you go to and where would make your observation more meaningful.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
used to go to Afl , League and union and football games in Sydney and have been to Afl , union and football games in Perth , it's obvious now that you are referring to your away experiences with The Albion which on a fortnightly basis must be offing tedious to say the least , it is an obvious and easy wind up for the opposition fans and i'm afraid with the likes of Stoke , Leicester , the Scouse and London teams to be entertained this year it will be rife this season.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Unfortunately the singing/comments will never be totally banished from our game! I think it's magnified because we are in the Premier! Well done to Leicester FC stewards for stepping up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here