Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heating up soup in kettle....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have you thought about trying a nice kettle casserole? Rice pudding could be interesting too.......................

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember my Dad telling me that as a student (probably simply to save washing up a pan) he would boil an egg in the kettle, whilst making his cup of tea, for an instant breakfast.

Ignoring the minor risk of a painful death through salmonella poisoning, it seems quite a practical plan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In Ibiza about 10 years ago, we had a hotel room next door to some lads from Barnsley. They'd spent all their spending money on gak that all they could afford to eat the last 2 days was tins of potatoes which they emptied in a kettle to boil for a bit and then eat.

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
My other half was babysitting at a clients house one night and she wanted to make a hot chocolate. So she decided to boil the MILK in the kettle:facepalm:

She then proceeded to spend the next three house trying to scrub the chard remains off from the bottom of the kettle.

She returned 4 weeks later and they had a new kettle.:lol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My other half was babysitting at a clients house one night and she wanted to make a hot chocolate. So she decided to boil the MILK in the kettle:facepalm:

She then proceeded to spend the next three house trying to scrub the chard remains off from the bottom of the kettle.

She returned 4 weeks later and they had a new kettle.:lol:

And she was put in charge of a baby?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
At university, I used to fry stuff in my toasted sandwich maker. I did boil some milk once in my kettle, but it took so long to clean it afterwards that I didn't bother doing it again. When's that Man City match again?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here