Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Games kicking off at 11:30am on a Sunday from 2019?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
"The Premier League are considering a package of late-morning Sunday kick-offs for the extra 22 live games to be included in the next three-year rights sale starting in season 2019-20.

"The 11.30am or noon kick-off times are designed to appeal to the Asian market where the matches would be broadcast at peak time. The proposal was included in briefing notes for the PL summer meeting this week."

I'd be outraged, but it's only the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4589516/Premier-League-consider-moving-22-games-11am-kick-offs.html

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Wow, my friends in Chicago told me that is 5:30 a.m. America Central time and too early for them. Why is the PL pushing American fans away with the early starts. That's 3:30 a.m. for AZ Gull.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Wow, my friends in Chicago told me that is 5:30 a.m. America Central time and too early for them. Why is the PL pushing American fans away with the early starts. That's 3:30 a.m. for AZ Gull.

Yeah, 6:30am for me. I'm wouldn't be happy about that. But that's nothing compared to all the fans who find they are meant to be in Liverpool by 11am.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

No other reason than audience size = money. In the future we'll be setting alarms to get to home games :lolol:

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
AZ has got it easy - he gets an extra hour in bed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
People who don't like changes are often derided as dinosaurs; however, in the case of Sky and the PL, the dinosaurs may have a point................

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's mental that the UK are pandering to TV companies from Overseas but that's the price you pay. If your are willing to take their money, they are not going to give it away for free.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If its only 22 games, I can imagine plod being interested, especially with derby games in mind.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I must be a dinosaur. I like my football at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, and a sprinkling of mid-week games through the season.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Better let SASTA know NOW.

Otherwise they'll be 'surprised by the sudden and unprecedented change in kick off times which adversely affected our ability to provide a full match day service' .

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No surprise given the number of Sunday games post European midweeks.

I know no one in the PL cares about lower league football, but that leaves very few spaces for live EFL games.

kennyb

May 23, 2004
anyone thought of kids playing sunday morning football who might have season tickets the PL and Sky dont care about supporters only money

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Next up its 30 games a season with a kick off time of 1am to ensure prime time coverage in North America.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
I think 12 would be fine (similar to Championship) but anything befor 12 is way out of line! Imagine travelling up to Newcastle for an 11am KO!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here