[Drinking] This extra 4 public holidays pledge thing

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nope. Only the ones in blue are public holidays, and like I said, 2 of them are always on Sunday. Good Friday isn't a public holiday here, but the banks do get a day off.

Anyway, who am I kidding? I'm a freelancer, so I don't get any paid days off. At all... Public or otherwise. :down:

But you can smoke all the green you want in Starbucks and get free heroin off the Doctor.

Why would you worry.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
But you can smoke all the green you want in Starbucks and get free heroin off the Doctor.

Why would you worry.

The day I find myself in a Starbucks for any reason at all is the day I start worrying...

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
When I was at school we had a half day holiday on Empire Day. Now we are reverting to the 1950s perhaps its successor, Commonwealth Day should be a Bank Holiday?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Trafalgar Day,Waterloo Day,VE Day,VJ Day.That would upset the Spanish,French,Germans,and Japanese,who else can we annoy?:lolol:

Forgot,we used to celebrate 5th July when stationed anywhere with Americans!Day after their bi-Centennial celebrations was fun.

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Opposition leaders do like to throw tempters out there, knowing it'll get them votes - regardless of whether they actually follow through with their idea.

But IF Labour got in and he stood by this, I'd be happy!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Labour proposing to increase public spending whilst cutting four working days off our GDP, what could possibly go wrong?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't see my company going for it as it means shorter shop hours so less cash in the tills. In February the boss put up a sheet of A4 in the staff room requesting volunteers for this years bank holidays. the incentive was " an extra day's holiday for each bank holiday worked ".... sadly and unbelievably, if you work a bank holiday, now they only pay normal rate, not even time and a half !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The man is a train wreck in waiting.

Free money for all.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I would definately go for Trafalgar day and Armistice day(the monday closest to the 11th.) and say two random days in the summer when it's nice weather and nobody feels much like working,perhaps call one Barbecue day and the other sit in a pub garden and get pissed day.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Labour proposing to increase public spending whilst cutting four working days off our GDP, what could possibly go wrong?

Shorter annual working hours equates to better productivity and higher GDP in Luxembourg, Norway, Australia, Switzerland, The Netherlands and many other countries.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can't see my company going for it as it means shorter shop hours so less cash in the tills. In February the boss put up a sheet of A4 in the staff room requesting volunteers for this years bank holidays. the incentive was " an extra day's holiday for each bank holiday worked ".... sadly and unbelievably, if you work a bank holiday, now they only pay normal rate, not even time and a half !

If that extra day’s holiday is paid, then aren’t you effectively getting ‘double time’ for working the BH? This is on the assumption that if you chose not to work it, you’d not be paid for the BH as holiday normally?

Hope everyone enjoyed the free day of work they gave the Tories today :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here