Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did people leave early today?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I can understand people leaving early on an evening game - or when the games decided perhaps. But today we go 1 0 down with 13 minutes - including added time- to go and hundreds left the North and North West Stands. Thousands left the ground .
It was as though we 'd just gone three nil down . If you cant support your team when they re losing one nil in a game like this then you shouldnt be there on the first place. There are 1000 s of Brighton fans out there more passionate than you.
The team needed all the support we could give them and it cant help if they are watching people leave as they try to equalise.
Thoughts ?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Oh dear! There is a whole thread that goes on for pages and pages... to sum it up for you. .... Because they can. That is it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Modern world... People always got something else to be doing /somewhere else to be... The modern world is shyte in that respect

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I can understand people leaving early on an evening game - or when the games decided perhaps. But today we go 1 0 down with 13 minutes - including added time- to go and hundreds left the North and North West Stands. Thousands left the ground .
It was as though we 'd just gone three nil down . If you cant support your team when they re losing one nil in a game like this then you shouldnt be there on the first place. There are 1000 s of Brighton fans out there more passionate than you.
The team needed all the support we could give them and it cant help if they are watching people leave as they try to equalise.
Thoughts ?

Oh do fook off............try adding to one of the 100s of threads on this boring, mundane subject!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We've been miles ahead and people have left early

We've been at 0-0 and people have left early

We've been spanked and people have left early.

People will leave early. It happens.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
At lot of older people and families leave early up in the library. I wouldn't judge. It's hard for a lot of folk to wait around. We are not the only club it happens to.

I do wish this pointless debate would stop. Nothing is going to change.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The Lure of Dec without Ant proved too strong for many a inquisitive soul

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It used to happen at The Goldstone - especially the east terrace - so I'm really not sure what the OP has his knickers in a twist about.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Was trying out a pair of seats that I might have for next season today (my mum has now learnt enough about football etiquette to warrant a ST next season), and the bloke in front of us was more engaged in supporting the team than anyone I’ve ever seen in 1901 before, leaping to his feet all the time and effing and jeffing at the ref (good on him) - for the time he was there. Turned up at 6 mins on the clock, left at 39; turned up at 52, left at 83. Attended for 61/96 mins - 63.5%.

Entirely his right, of course, but given his passion when he was there, completely bizarre. :shrug:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Was trying out a pair of seats that I might have for next season today (my mum has now learnt enough about football etiquette to warrant a ST next season), and the bloke in front of us was more engaged in supporting the team than anyone I’ve ever seen in 1901 before, leaping to his feet all the time and effing and jeffing at the ref (good on him) - for the time he was there. Turned up at 6 mins on the clock, left at 39; turned up at 52, left at 83. Attended for 61/96 mins - 63.5%.

Entirely his right, of course, but given his passion when he was there, completely bizarre. :shrug:

I’m surprised they let Leicester fans in the 1901.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
I was glad when the person next to us left early in the North Stand , every other word was C U N T . Even his girlfriend was embarrassed by him

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
It happens in every stand (the North Stand early exodus is not as obvious due to the number of people standing, but as I'm normally in other stands I do notice it match after match) but it is - as others have said - due to personal choice, maybe other commitments, not wanting to wait for ages to get away from the ground, etc.. Some might also have a phobia of fast moving crowds (I knew someone with exactly that).

Personally I wait until the team are off the pitch before ambling away, but when I was taking my kids when they were very young, I did occasionally do this. Evening matches in particular, when you have kids in tow, you need to consider how leaving a few mins early and getting the bus quickly, makes a big difference on a school night. Afternoon matches, people are slower leaving the ground generally (sometimes having a pint etc. after the game) but evening matches you tend to get most leaving immediately...

Anyway, hopefully this will be the final thread asking why people leave early. It happens in every ground. Get over it!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It happens in every stand (the North Stand early exodus is not as obvious due to the number of people standing, but as I'm normally in other stands I do notice it match after match) but it is - as others have said - due to personal choice, maybe other commitments, not wanting to wait for ages to get away from the ground, etc.. Some might also have a phobia of fast moving crowds (I knew someone with exactly that).

Personally I wait until the team are off the pitch before ambling away, but when I was taking my kids when they were very young, I did occasionally do this. Evening matches in particular, when you have kids in tow, you need to consider how leaving a few mins early and getting the bus quickly, makes a big difference on a school night. Afternoon matches, people are slower leaving the ground generally (sometimes having a pint etc. after the game) but evening matches you tend to get most leaving immediately...

Anyway, hopefully this will be the final thread asking why people leave early. It happens in every ground. Get over it!

Dream on.......:laugh:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here