Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
A transfer news update doesn't sound much of a mood elevator after the events of last night. I suspect it was that we tried for JC and MB and it didn't happen, but we will work very hard and it is always difficult and ..... Not what I need to bring cheer after last nights game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A transfer news update doesn't sound much of a mood elevator after the events of last night. I suspect it was that we tried for JC and MB and it didn't happen, but we will work very hard and it is always difficult and ..... Not what I need to bring cheer after last nights game.

The club will never come out and name specific players, say they went after them but a deal couldn't be put together.

I've no idea what [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] is angling after. It reads to me as something vague and wishy washy that he could pin any whisper from anywhere onto. And if nothing happens, or nothing is said, he'll use his "potential" word as a back out clause.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The club will never come out and name specific players, say they went after them but a deal couldn't be put together.

I've no idea what [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] is angling after. It reads to me as something vague and wishy washy that he could pin any whisper from anywhere onto. And if nothing happens, or nothing is said, he'll use his "potential" word as a back out clause.

He was quite specific with the timescale onm this latest one though. Between 5pm yesterday and midday today, so only 3 hours left!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
True. He shouldn't bother posting info anymore if this one doesn't come off (which I don't think it will). For once I think Naylor has more info on this.
Far rather wedgee posted than any of the palace goons did.

Last edited:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Bozza, I really think you're confusing me with some attention seeking keyboard warrior who craves attention and glorifies himself if he occasionally gets something right. Can I suggest you check the nature of my posting history, as I've never done that, never will.

As I posted before, I'm fortunate to have three independent (as in, they don't know each other, and have no links) sources, with access to potentially useful and genuine insight. And only when I get it corroborated by two or more of them (to remove an element of misinterpretation or punting) do I post.

But, I get the impression that such information is not wanted so I will duck out now.

Yesterday's update was to confirm from reliable sources (and this might not seem like rocket science) that we are still in for both SAs (which I actually found quite remarkable, after recent history) and that although we wanted to strike early, the complexity got in the way, but we are still prepared to play the longer game, because the belief is that the asset value at such a young age would make it a positive investment, even if the current year impact is reduced by the delays. That was it, not rocket science, but corroborated insight as opposed to p1ssing in the wind.

Anything I get from now will just be shared with the 3 closed whatsapp groups I belong to. Apologies if anyone on here thinks I have cost them too much time with my input, that was of course never my intention, but I understand why people might get agitated, because most do not know me, and certainly don't know my sources, and so might think the same as you do Bozza, that I'm a warped keyboard warrior with nothing better to do than post crap and create waves.

No hard feelings.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bozza, I really think you're confusing me with some attention seeking keyboard warrior who craves attention and glorifies himself if he occasionally gets something right. Can I suggest you check the nature of my posting history, as I've never done that, never will.

As I posted before, I'm fortunate to have three independent (as in, they don't know each other, and have no links) sources, with access to potentially useful and genuine insight. And only when I get it corroborated by two or more of them (to remove an element of misinterpretation or punting) do I post.

But, I get the impression that such information is not wanted so I will duck out now.

Yesterday's update was to confirm from reliable sources (and this might not seem like rocket science) that we are still in for both SAs (which I actually found quite remarkable, after recent history) and that although we wanted to strike early, the complexity got in the way, but we are still prepared to play the longer game, because the belief is that the asset value at such a young age would make it a positive investment, even if the current year impact is reduced by the delays. That was it, not rocket science, but corroborated insight as opposed to p1ssing in the wind.

Anything I get from now will just be shared with the 3 closed whatsapp groups I belong to. Apologies if anyone on here thinks I have cost them too much time with my input, that was of course never my intention, but I understand why people might get agitated, because most do not know me, and certainly don't know my sources, and so might think the same as you do Bozza, that I'm a warped keyboard warrior with nothing better to do than post crap and create waves.

No hard feelings.

Man up you wuss!!

I look out for your updates even if they are wrong sometimes. Keep us in the loop.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

No hard feelings.

I wouldn't mind a PM from time to time! :wink:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

No hard feelings.

It seems almost nobody has a very good idea of what is going on anymore as the club keeps it's cards very close to it's chest. Do keep posting though, always find them interesting even if they don't come to fruition.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

No hard feelings.

all sounds very reasonable to me .................keep posting

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here