Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Duggan - BBC documentary

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bit naive. Lawyers were sharpening their blades etc. Almost got to stand by initial statements because of financial implications. That's almost or possibly a greater consideration than truth or right verdict in today's society. But that's the mess we've made of the Law so it doesn't surprise me. Beyond reasonable doubt. Beyond...

By the very nature of their job the police are always going to lie for each other. I don't say that they did I this instance because as I said in my earlier post I found it inconclusive but there is no way that they won't lie for each other because they could never work with their colleagues ever again if they didn't

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tottenham has always been a cauldron from crims, it's no wonder the police are constantly on guard around that area. I used to live in Hornsey and down the bottom of the road (and turn left) is Wood Green. I never, ever felt comfortable going there when I had to go shopping.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I do and don't have sympathy for the taxi driver.

I do because as you say he did nothing wrong however his complaint that he was treated a bit rough by police and treated like a criminal is a bit odd. The police have to treat him as an associate or accessory until proven otherwise. It wouldn't look good if they shot Duggan dead and the taxi driver who Duggan could have given a gun to 5 seconds earlier is ushered away from the scene no questions asked and told to get home for dinner taking a major part of the investigation with him. Secondly, for all they know he is a gang member too and a threat to the public and police.
I agree that the police have to take the necessary precautions but telling the taxi driver they will shoot him if he looks in a particular direction whilst lying restrained on the ground is rather excessive and doesn't demonstrate the level of restaint and level headedness you would expect from a police officer entrusted with the use of a firearm in a volatile situation.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I just cannot get my head around how it can be viewed as a lawful killing when the gun was found so far away, over a fence from where he was shot.

None of the experts were present at the the incident. Maybe as the first shot hit him his arm spasmed? The guy was a wrong 'un, the police in a very dangerous, stressful situation, there but for the grace of God.....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If you choose to carry guns or associate with those who supply guns then you have nobody to blame but yourself if at some point you encounter armed police officers. At that point, all bets are off.

That's an incredibly narrow-minded and blinkered viewpoint.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The statement made suggests that in that circumstance the police have the 'green light' to open fire, regardless of whether the individual is in possession with intent or not.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I find it very hard to give a shit that some rude boy gangster was shot dead.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The statement made suggests that in that circumstance the police have the 'green light' to open fire, regardless of whether the individual is in possession with intent or not.

I wonder what your reaction would be if you were in a shopping mall, and saw someone walking along holding a gun, but of course there was no intent, was there? Bet you would scream for the Police.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Yes they have got the green light, by the time they can establish intent with any certainty it is probably too late.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Yes they have got the green light, by the time they can establish intent with any certainty it is probably too late.

He wasn't in possession of a gun when he was shot.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I wonder what your reaction would be if you were in a shopping mall, and saw someone walking along holding a gun, but of course there was no intent, was there? Bet you would scream for the Police.

He wasn't in possession of a gun when he was shot

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So the gun had no prints or dna and was found 20 yards away and supposedly thrown after he was shot? OK then

were we watching the same programme?
im sure they said the gun was 14 feet away and not 60 feet away

i dont think duggans prints or dna were on the gun, as it was wrapped in a sock, but didnt they find blood and dna on the gun and sock that belonged to his mate Foster (who gave it to him) and the bloke he beat with it.

Its not as if Paul Daniels magicked the gun the exact spot where the taxi was stopped

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I find it very hard to give a shit that some rude boy gangster was shot dead.

Agree. Didn't see the programme but have read loads about this. Was any mention made of the fact that his uncle was Dessie Noonan? The attempts to portray Duggan as some sort of innocent family man seem laughable.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
were we watching the same programme?
im sure they said the gun was 14 feet away and not 60 feet away

i dont think duggans prints or dna were on the gun, as it was wrapped in a sock, but didnt they find blood and dna on the gun and sock that belonged to his mate Foster (who gave it to him) and the bloke he beat with it.

Its not as if Paul Daniels magicked the gun the exact spot where the taxi was stopped

It's an accepted fact that he had a gun in the car, it's pretty obvious that he didn't have it on him when he was shot.

Agree. Didn't see the programme but have read loads about this. Was any mention made of the fact that his uncle was Dessie Noonan? The attempts to portray Duggan as some sort of innocent family man seem laughable.

It's worth a watch, is well balanced. The thing is, Duggan was not an entirely innocent family man, neither, it appears, was he a big time player. Some of the fundamental issues are being missed here, it should never have ended up like this. Why did the Police allow Kevin Hutchinson Foster hand over the gun in the first place? Seems obvious that the secret intelligence that we can't be told is that Foster was an informant. I can see how they reached a legal killing verdict regarding the act of the shooting itself but the circumstances around it and the way the Police behave afterwards is entirely unsatisfactory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here