Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on or stay behind ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'd like to see Sidwell back. He's out if contract, back up to speed & part of the team, especially since it's very likely Crofts will be released.

Totally agree. I thought he was very impressive on Monday. Combative without being dirty, and incisive.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Are you ready to move on from rimming Chris Hughton for the last 20 years ???
F*ck off you JCL c*nt - I can make my own mind up about players w/o your condescending ITK input.
Bit harsh

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We're not 5 years old. Believe it or not, we understand that some players will have/want to move on. Even we simple Brighton fans have managed to grasp that concept. Thanks for your condescending question though.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm in love with Knockaert. Fantastic player. Sadly i believe he will be gone in the summer from a bid between 6-8 million

I now have my reservation about Mr Knockaert, he is obvious class when he wants to, but i feel he is high maintenance.

eg i have never known a player to be injured in a MASSIVE game where all their subs have been used and 30 mins still to play and decides he can not carry on, unless it is a serious injury like one that they wont be back for three or four weeks. How the hell was he fully fit in not 3 DAYS.
I can only think he didn't fancy it.

IMO he let his team mates down on that first leg.

I suppose you could also argue what was Sidders playing at too.

If we get 4mil for Knockaert I'd take it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I now have my reservation about Mr Knockaert, he is obvious class when he wants to, but i feel he is high maintenance.

eg i have never known a player to be injured in a MASSIVE game where all their subs have been used and 30 mins still to play and decides he can not carry on, unless it is a serious injury like one that they wont be back for three or four weeks. How the hell was he fully fit in not 3 DAYS.

Good fishing. I suppose you saw the photo of the bruising from his torn ligaments?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

He made clear that he had to battle through Monday night because he was desperate to play.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
It's all about evolution, not complete revolution.
No point making wholesale changes, just a few in here and a few out there.
It might mean a couple of long standing players leave, but the core of the squad and thus the spirit of the squad should remain.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good fishing. I suppose you saw the photo of the bruising from his torn ligaments?

Don't think it's torn as he would struggle to weight bear let alone play, heavy bruising though and I absolutely understand why he came off.

To answer [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] question, I think there is room for both, Ulloa would absolutely improve this team as others have mentioned, Barnes would as well IMO, but Murray is too old.

When buying a player, surely you buy to improve irrespective of a players 'standing' within a club.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I'm in love with Knockaert. Fantastic player. Sadly i believe he will be gone in the summer from a bid between 6-8 million

I just can't see this. He was available on a free transfer this time last year and any club could have bought him for for £2m in January. There might be interest in him, but not too much from clubs in the Prem.

biddles911

May 12, 2014

I can't remember the last time I've seen a player as committed as Knockaert. He gallops all over the pitch at a hundred miles an hour and chases literally every ball.

He also does his level best to get the crowd going.

Given his huge contribution to the team since he joined I think he's entitled to be given the benefit of the doubt (none at all in my view).

To suggest he "didn't fancy it" is laughable to the point of being insulting, in my opinion!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen on NSC. He could hardly walk on Friday. It would have been no benefit to the team for him to come back on. The fact that he and Sidwell were happy to play through the pain barrier to play on Monday is amazing and shows his dedication to the team. The exact opposite of what you are trying to insinuate.

As for £4 million, you're having a laugh aren't you for the best player in the division (which he will be next season if he stays and is injury free).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Top fishing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here