Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince man of the match

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Greg Halford was immense. Calm and showed his experience. Tex buzzed around to good effect too. Loving the people giving Ince the 'Come on YaYa, stuff.- on a slightly more controversial note I thought O Grady was more effective than CMS when he came on....
What a ridiculously stupid username you have. I like it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ince was by far and away my MOTM too, although many people around me were saying Tex...

Tex, Ince, then Halford, closely followed by Holla and Stockdale.
By having Ince and Holla, with their strength breaking up the play, it allowed Tex to dictate how he wanted to play....Fulham could not get near him.
By the way, i thought O'Grady looked keen when he came on.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Greg Halford was immense. Calm and showed his experience. Tex buzzed around to good effect too. Loving the people giving Ince the 'Come on YaYa, stuff.- on a slightly more controversial note I thought O Grady was more effective than CMS when he came on....

That's not controversial - he was, by a country mile.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I've heard people close to the club say that Ince doesn't know how to play in midfield - and I think they talked utter shite then, and think the same now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps they were talking of a position further up field rather than in front and protecting the back four, in which case it would be fair comment. You obviously play a player in his best position or should, you wouldnt expect Lua Lua to play in Ince position or vice versa but both are classed as midfield.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well, while i am at it, and mentioned 5 players that were very good tonight.....i was thinking earlier about Dunk, i remember some poster saying he was not playing well atm, well after partnering Greer and Halford and Hughes...the way he has adapted and played is a credit, and he played well tonight.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps they were talking of a position further up field rather than in front and protecting the back four, in which case it would be fair comment. You obviously play a player in his best position or should, you wouldnt expect Lua Lua to play in Ince position or vice versa but both are classed as midfield.

you're playing with semantics.
i don't think anyone has ever discussed Ince as an attacking midfielder.
he has clearly been recognised as playing a destructive role, with force and presence, whilst also offering the ability to occassionally break forward. he plays that role well, imho, and i simply don't agree with the opinion that he's not up to it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
you're playing with semantics.
i don't think anyone has ever discussed Ince as an attacking midfielder.
he has clearly been recognised as playing a destructive role, with force and presence, whilst also offering the ability to occassionally break forward. he plays that role well, imho, and i simply don't agree with the opinion that he's not up to it.

He's up to it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've heard people close to the club say that Ince doesn't know how to play in midfield - and I think they talked utter shite then, and think the same now.

I was just trying to explain another view to that. I believe that as the sole DM he is awful but partnered with Holla they look a good mix together.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was just trying to explain another view to that. I believe that as the sole DM he is awful but partnered with Holla they look a good mix together.

I think "awful" is a tad harsh but I don't completely disagree with you. He struggles to turn under pressure, so as a lone DM, he gets the ball into feet from a defender and he has to give it straight back to them. Very different from the days of Bridcutt who could receive the ball under pressure and just roll his marker and get away up the pitch. I also think Ince struggles technically. I didn't go to the game but I can imagine how he'd compliment Holla very well. You'd get the destructive presence of Ince but also the impressive passing range of Holla. It'll be interesting to see if they get a run together in the team after tonight. It's certainly more inspiring than Gardner and JFC.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Always liked Ince I think a little bit raw at times but will get better with games should be encouraged to drive forward when he wins the ball strong in the air defensively needs to work at attacking the ball in the air in offensive situation.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ince played well.

The man of the match by a MILE however, was Greg Halford. Utterly superb.

This is something I have heard from the commentary team on player, not just this game but V Reading too. I really hope we can keep him as a signing rather than loan.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hallford shaded it for me, he had a massively good game

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Always liked Ince I think a little bit raw at times but will get better with games should be encouraged to drive forward when he wins the ball strong in the air defensively needs to work at attacking the ball in the air in offensive situation.

I cannot understand this 'strong in the air' comments for a man who is 6ft 4in tall he is very poor and that is probably his biggest weakness and possibly why Chelsea released him. He is competitive and wins tackle and having Holla next to him to give the ball to distribute it for him he looks solid. Without Holla looks lost passing the ball. I think he is a gem playing with the right players but a mile behind Bridcutt in all areas of his play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here