Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Meyer to sign for Palace

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t say that I’m thrilled about Palace signing a player with that much talent, even if he does carry baggage and will be a risk to the dressing room spirit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Great signing. But paying those kind of wages is pretty obscene for a club like palace.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
So not only does the Bromley chairman have intimate knowledge of Palace's finances. He also has knowledge of a German player, playing in Germany. He knows what happens on the training ground and everything else it would seem. I'm surprised he has time to know anything about Bromley, considering he spends his time finding out about us and telling people who then tell Sheebo :lol:

Just admit it. You read stuff and then try and pass it off as inside knowledge and if that fails you just make it up.

Still cannot get over the fact that the Bromley chairman mentioned this even before he was linked to us. Then again non league chairmen obviously are kept in the loop on players in the Bundesliga :cry:

Good point, well made. Hope it's true though!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No way will/can they pay 170k PW. Take the 1 away and you will be correct. Max is a very talented young player but why are the BIG clubs not in for him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No way will/can they pay 170k PW. Take the 1 away and you will be correct. Max is a very talented young player but why are the BIG clubs not in for him.
If he's free then 170 a week is probably over 3/4 years is same as his fee. Good business. Bad for the dressing room

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If he's free then 170 a week is probably over 3/4 years is same as his fee. Good business. Bad for the dressing room

Which might be accurate if they won’t be paying him a signing on fee as well - which they will.

He is an excellent player though. Even at 170k if he plays as well as he can he will be almost worth that much. And he’ll be off to a big club in a year or two for a lot of cash.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I notice that Norwood Barcelona have also signed Chiekhou Kouyate, who is rather a good player.
Or was.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could have sworn this was an Albion message board.

This - apart from the Wilf-baiting thread which is probably justified not sure why a Palace free transfer deserves it's own thread. Shouldn't there be a general 'transfer window' thread for other club's business ? It's just going to give more NSC airtime to the CPFC saddos who've got nothing better to do than spend their lives on a rival board

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Because 170k per week for him is madness. Palace are the only ones willing to pay what he wants.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This - apart from the Wilf-baiting thread which is probably justified not sure why a Palace free transfer deserves it's own thread. Shouldn't there be a general 'transfer window' thread for other club's business ? It's just going to give more NSC airtime to the CPFC saddos who've got nothing better to do than spend their lives on a rival board

Well, they are our rival and, to be fair, this transfer has the potential to make or break the whole club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is he as good as that Nordic wonderkid striker they signed ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I loved the sky reporter last night, giggling and laughing almost at his no goals no assists last season.

Couldn't believe someone was paying the money he wanted.

I'm sure he is a decent player, although I have not seen him play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here