Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Elsewhere, I notice an ITV commissioned poll this morning showing that 48 per cent now want a second referendum and 25 per cent don't.

The numbers of undemocratic weasel loons seems to be out of control.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is is extrapolation argument... 'If things carry on as they are a city the size of Newcastle will be added to our population every other year until there's no green space left'. Things don't work like that as most of us know, although it was an argument of choice for the Leave campaign's populist headline creators. Cranked up the immigrant fears very effectively.

If you add the population of a city like Newcastle or Birmingham or wherever they are quoting next, year after year after year after year forever, it stands to reason eventually you will run out of space. or even infringe on the agricultural land you rely on to produce goods to sustain the population. Its a bit bonkers to suggest a growing population doesnt need more room to exist.........but carry on pushing that narrative, you are in the minority on population increase for a sound reason.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You keep repeating that we have the legislation available to stop people crossing the border year after year and are quite capable of using said legislation to control our borders, but don’t bother, you know, the same controls we have have with non EU citizens of quotas and visa permits for entry, and yet you still wont let anyone know what this legislation is……..why are you insisting on keeping it a secret just to yourself?
If you continue to decide not showing what it is we can use to control entrance into the country before entry is gained and by what number im going to have to believe you are still lying.

Posters of migrants flooding Europe should be recognised for exactly their intention, that nations without borders is fracking daft and cant protect its own citizens and that The EU presented with a crisis on its doorstep found itself to be utterly void of direction and policy because so many cooks spoiling the broth could not agree to have one.
Shit club shit fans

Do your own research instead of posting lazy abuse of anyone else with a different opinion.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You assume wrong, but thats what you get for being a snowflake and ignoring people, you are unable to see the evidence presented to you..........got to love safe space echo chambers.
Take a leaf out of clamp`s book, he has people on ignore but reads their posts and replies to them anyway........its like Ignore for Dummies

It's nothing to do with being a snowflake, it's more to do with you being a pompous idiot. I can see why people don't want to read the pontificated, trolling nonsense you post - you've replied to virtually every post on this thread this morning for example. You really are an arrogant buffoon.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Times suggests that Airbus could run its U.K. operations down if we don't remain inside a customs union (rather than if there's no transition deal). Many Leavers on here believe that we should not remain in a customs union.

Then put up the Times quote, the BBC have gone for "without a transition deal" instead.
Many leavers have said we should not remain in THE customs union, Mr Corbyn has a vision of A customs union where we still have a vote even though we dont have a commissioner, and retain the right to form our own trade deals inside A customs union.. In jeremy they trust

Elsewhere, I notice an ITV commissioned poll this morning showing that 48 per cent now want a second referendum and 25 per cent don't.

The numbers of undemocratic weasel loons seems to be out of control.

Best you get a party elected soon that wants to hold a second referendum and can pass a new referendum act..........tick tock and all that
When did you want this second referendum on the final deal to happen again?.......Have you pinned down a rough date?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Times suggests that Airbus could run its U.K. operations down if we don't remain inside a customs union (rather than if there's no transition deal). Many Leavers on here believe that we should not remain in a customs union.

I read that as well. I see The Times also reported that Greg Clark and Phillip Hammond have pushed Airbus and others to go public to reel in the Brexit fantasies of Boris Johnson to protect the manufacturing sector. What a mess.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Do your own research instead of posting lazy abuse of anyone else with a different opinion.

Do my own research on your lies?..........do **** off
I dont need to do any more research,I know what i am talking about, you clearly dont
Stop being a lying weasel turd,like all the other weasel lying turds.
Your lies are not an opinion. Post the legislation which gives us permission to put the same border control rules on EU citizens the same as non EU citizens......you know, real border controls with quotas and visa permits.......not non border controls of chasing people up after they have entered the country anyway.......or simply shut up and take your lies elsewhere.

Whenever you are ready.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's nothing to do with being a snowflake, it's more to do with you being a pompous idiot. I can see why people don't want to read the pontificated, trolling nonsense you post - you've replied to virtually every post on this thread this morning for example. You really are an arrogant buffoon.

Not my fault you are all buffoons......stop posting bollocks and your problem disappears.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I dont need to do any more research,I know what i am talking about, you clearly dont
Stop being a lying weasel turd,like all the other weasel lying turds.
Your lies are not an opinion. Post the legislation which gives us permission to put the same border control rules on EU citizens the same as non EU citizens......you know, real border controls with quotas and visa permits.......not non border controls of chasing people up after they have entered the country anyway.......or simply shut up and take your lies elsewhere.

Whenever you are ready.

Again, personal abuse.
I haven't ever knowingly told lies. I probably have found some incorrect information, which is quite possible on the Internet, but to call someone a lying weasel & turd, shows you up.
You don't produce facts either, just posting your opinion without links to legislation.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If you add the population of a city like Newcastle or Birmingham or wherever they are quoting next, year after year after year after year forever, it stands to reason eventually you will run out of space. or even infringe on the agricultural land you rely on to produce goods to sustain the population. Its a bit bonkers to suggest a growing population doesnt need more room to exist.........but carry on pushing that narrative, you are in the minority on population increase for a sound reason.

My point was that is is misleading to assume that what has happened in the past (or present) will simply continue in a straight line into the future. I can understand why Leavers did it - it frightened people. Life doesn't work like that though. If it did 90 per cent of Americans would live in California. Markets become saturated; populations ebb and flow as societies evolve.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We had the legislation available to stop them coming here year after year, but chose not to use it. You can go to France for three months, but then have to apply to stay and work.
Germany also has its own rules.
The EU doesn't legislate overall, for Freedom of Movement, as each country is capable under EU rules of its own legislation.

sorry to butt in to the emerging binfest, but there's an important point here and perhaps the root the problems with our relationship with EU. there may be legislation in this area, however what there is is unenforceable because we do not have mechanisms to record residency, and in conflict with other legislation where local authorities and other institutions are obliged to act first and question later (put crudely for brevity). our law and systems are not quite compatible with those in Europe which take a more proscriptive approach.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Again, personal abuse.
I haven't ever knowingly told lies. I probably have found some incorrect information, which is quite possible on the Internet, but to call someone a lying weasel & turd, shows you up.
You don't produce facts either, just posting your opinion without links to legislation.

Ah the penny drops,Yes you have found incorrect information on the internet. Yet after repeatedly being called out on it you continue to spread the bullshit.
It really shows you up not me. Check the bollocks you read on twitter before repeating falsely on here.
I have repeatedly ad nauseam shared links to EU treaties, articles,protocols, motions and god knows what else to back up a point, to say otherwise is just another........well you know what.
If you tell a porky the onus is on you to prove its true, not me. I can easily prove you are talking rubbish. Its telling you have been unable to show that we do indeed control our borders to the extent that constitutes border control. I hope you wont repeat your uninformed information

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My point was that is is misleading to assume that what has happened in the past (or present) will simply continue in a straight line into the future. I can understand why Leavers did it - it frightened people. Life doesn't work like that though. If it did 90 per cent of Americans would live in California. Markets become saturated; populations ebb and flow as societies evolve.

Population growth is frightening, even without immigration it is the ticking timebomb no one wants to talk about.
We are not America, poor example of the measurement of available space.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
sorry to butt in to the emerging binfest, but there's an important point here and perhaps the root the problems with our relationship with EU. there may be legislation in this area, however what there is is unenforceable because we do not have mechanisms to record residency, and in conflict with other legislation where local authorities and other institutions are obliged to act first and question later (put crudely for brevity). our law and systems are not quite compatible with those in Europe which take a more proscriptive approach.

Best to just leave The EU and throw everything up in the air then rather than have a functioning Home Office to put in transitional arrangements in 2004 like Germany and France did on the A8 or adapt things to enforce FOM rules as other countries, such as Belgium do, to implement immigration controls or see what the emergency brake on welfare would have done.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Best to just leave The EU and throw everything up in the air then rather than have a functioning Home Office to put in transitional arrangements in 2004 like Germany and France did on the A8 or adapt things to enforce FOM rules as other countries, such as Belgium do, to implement immigration controls or see what the emergency brake on welfare would have done.

maybe. if we want to be flippant about it, we could ask why not just overhaul our entire legal system so it matches the european way.:flypig:

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Population growth is frightening, even without immigration it is the ticking timebomb no one wants to talk about.
We are not America, poor example of the measurement of available space.

The fact is that less than 10% of England is urbanised so when you talk of available space and the implication that the UK is full up because of "frightening population growth" is patently a complete load of bollocks. But people like you never let facts get in the way of their stupid, simplistic and bigoted thought processes. It's a pity we can deport you and let more EU nationals in as I am sure that the UK would be a much better place!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah the penny drops,Yes you have found incorrect information on the internet. Yet after repeatedly being called out on it you continue to spread the bullshit.
It really shows you up not me. Check the bollocks you read on twitter before repeating falsely on here.
I have repeatedly ad nauseam shared links to EU treaties, articles,protocols, motions and god knows what else to back up a point, to say otherwise is just another........well you know what.
If you tell a porky the onus is on you to prove its true, not me. I can easily prove you are talking rubbish. Its telling you have been unable to show that we do indeed control our borders to the extent that constitutes border control. I hope you wont repeat your uninformed information

Yet you have called me and others liars, amongst many other abusive terms.
I haven't repeatedly misinformed anyone, so stop exaggerating.

I've just posted a link with no comment, so try to pick the lies out of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here