Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Thursday-but-feels-like-a-Friday-night drinking thread

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I just prepared and cooked some very tasty (although I say it myself) crab cakes in a rosti style along with a rather pleasant salad consisting of tomatoes, shallots, grapes, comte cheese, apple, rocket, avocado, nuts, basil and a vinagrette dressing all washed down with a Vina Taboexa Albarino - absolutely bloody superb.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You will of course have remembered that I told you that that one needed at least 60-90 mins open to breathe before you drink it. It's pretty tannic, and if you drink it straight after opening you'll have a mouth like a duck's arse....

Oh.

Just splash a bit of 7-up in it. :shrug:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Some cold Budweisers while cooking meatballs and spaghetti for the family then on to a faustino VII with dinner, back to the buds while I wish away the time until I stick sky mix on for the game tomorrow. Roll on Friday ...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I just prepared and cooked some very tasty (although I say it myself) crab cakes in a rosti style along with a rather pleasant salad consisting of tomatoes, shallots, grapes, comte cheese, apple, rocket, avocado, nuts, basil and a vinagrette dressing all washed down with a Vina Taboexa Albarino - absolutely bloody superb.

Did I see you on Masterchef earlier this evening? :wink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
You will of course have remembered that I told you that that one needed at least 60-90 mins open to breathe before you drink it. It's pretty tannic, and if you drink it straight after opening you'll have a mouth like a duck's arse....

Oh.

I've noticed you seem to have a habit of leaving wine around people's houses.

Can you come to mine some time please? :lol:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Haha. The Grub thought I might nail that one pretty quickly (Mastermind is our traditional Friday cocktails game)

48916c7d45b893d8234391284277647a.jpg

Brilliant, haven't played that game since I was a kid, wouldn't remember how to play it now !!

Anyway, just home from work, cracked open a bottle of French Malbec I've been sent as a sample. First impression, very decent, 7/10

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm done with the Viognier. It's all gone.

Too late in the evening to start on a Malbec?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I would go to the pub, but one remaining bit of 19th century legislation means they all close at midnight tonight to reopen on Saturday morning. Whiskey cupboard is opened, think a Yellow Spot and a Auchentoshen will do for the remains of the evening.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm having cocktails too.

25348_1d6c4a8a_148771426175_615_620.jpg
81Rz9cnoTlL._SX385_.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills