Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Turn Offs

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
The Archers makes me almost physically sick.

Alan Green and Stan Collymore on football radio.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I quite often listen to Absolute Radio. I always turn it off when a Kings of Leon song comes on.

Absolute Radio, I occasionally have that on but , is it me or do they play something by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers every 15 minutes?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Love Cerys Matthews' voice. I could listen to her all day. I enjoy her musical tastes too on the whole.

Mary-Anne Hobbs. Unlistenable for me. Her voice really irritates me.

Love Mary-Anne and Cerys. Sunday mornings on 6 Music are my favourite. Can't stand Sean Keaveny or John Cooper-Clarke though.

Nick Robinson is my least favourite Today presenter. I'm always slightly disappointed when it's his turn to be on.

I'm with El Pres on Victoria C-M (not literally I hope) though it would make you custard cousins with David Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Absolute Radio, I occasionally have that on but , is it me or do they play something by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers every 15 minutes?

Either that or Biffy f***ing Clyro. Usually a song which they've been playing for 6 months introduced as "new music."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Simon Mayo show on R2 when he has someone cooking, WTF is that all about FFS,cooking on the radio?
Stuck in traffic after a long days work, and feeling hungry and they have someone cooking, that always gets switched off.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not radio but is Albion-related...The 2 blokes who do the commentary on the Brighton games for Latest TV are just terrible. I was told that one of them was Bob Booker and I'm sure he's got a lot of love for the club and his reading of a game is excellent but even with that I can't listen to him - unlike Warren Aspinall, who I think is brilliant.

Yes, Bob Booker is terrible on the commentary. It doesn't help that his voice sounds EXACTLY like an irritating guy I went to school with. He sounds like he's read the football cliche manual, incapable of saying normal sentences.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Kermode and Mayo's Film Re3vue - Radio 5, all the way through Friday afternoon for what seems like hours and hours, and worse sill, repeated on Sundays (two occasions during the week when I'm most likely to be driving up or down the M5 - and then I have to put up with this sh|t.......................).

Two boring blokes with boring voices talking about boring films that I haven't seen - and don't want to! Talk about 'Pseud's Corner' - yawn, yawn, yawn, bloody yawn

Heretic!

It's wittertastic.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Either that or Biffy f***ing Clyro. Usually a song which they've been playing for 6 months introduced as "new music."

They do seem to favour that type of music.
I did have a spell of listening to Absolute 80s, I like the music but the adverts are really annoying.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Elaine Page. Awful presenter with a fake laugh. Would rather listen to nails scratching on a blackboard than have to endure her voice

Malonia

Nov 1, 2009
Worst: Liza Tarbuck/Kermode & Mayo Film zzzz/Alan Green.

My favourite show each week is on Absolute 80s. Sunday 7-9 pm called Forgotten 80s. Thoroughly recommend it to those of a certain age who were into both chart & (more so) singles/bands that only made the outer reaches of the chart.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Graham Norton. I love Sounds of the Sixties on a Saturday morning but as soon as it's over, the off switch is pressed.

The other usual suspects of Steve Wright, Richard Madeley, and Elaine Page.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Is Paul Miller the chap who always comes on after the football on Radio Sussex? If so, I concur. As camp as a Boy Scout jamboree but hilarious in his inane inoffensiveness and the way that he flirts with the old dears.
He used to do a Soul show sunday evenings which was very good,like your sumary of his style.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I used to listen to his reggae show on BBC London. Great show as he played lots of old UK lovers rock, but not after first reminding us, AGAIN, that he's married to Carol Thompson :lol:

A bit annoying presentation style but the music he played always made up for it for me.

Dotun Adebayo on Up all night on R5 is when I hear him. He is awful and his interviewing skills are, let's say not brilliant.

Flipping heck I am sounding like BG!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here