Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Has Spoken

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We're very lucky to have TB as a chairman...and Chris Hughton as a manager. And even though Paul Barber is slightly harder to love sometimes, he unquestionably does a great job for the club as well in that role.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Great stuff Tony, EVERYONE needs to respond to this. I fear that the majority of our supporters are incapable of recreating the unbelievable atmosphere that we experienced at Hillsborough, but we need to try!!!
Saying that, we have had the Amex bouncing, I remember what it was like when we played Burnley with 9 men, something like that will be a good starting point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
This thread has got me very excited I will have to go to the club shop Monday and try and buy a shirt as my British Cali one won't fit me now and my best shirt (1901) which my mother bought me is in in Australia after lending it to my Nephew for his 6 month trip to Australia and he left in Perth. Let's get proper streamers from the party shops they look great from the WSU and are not dangerous instead of the Argus torn up. Would the club let fans bring in trumpets.:vuvu: I don't want 1 drum for this game I want twenty drums.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
We're not Derby.We didn't lose 0-3 at home.We are only down 0-2 with a home game to come after one of the most amazing shows of bad luck you will ever see in a game.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Anyone else read the thread title and now can't get "Morning Has Broken" out of their heads?

(Possibly only me, I do drink a lot)

Tony has spoken like the Messiah
Yes, we are Brighton. We know the deal.
Sing as they're playing
Sing as they're winning
Sing all our hearts out in blue and white

Sweet will the win be, tears will be flowing
Know we can do it, banish the doom
Keep the place rocking, don't let it quiet'n
Stand and deliver for Tony Bloom

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would it be legal for TB to offer the squad a bonus now 1/2 million each would stiil only be 10m but a drop in the ocean to what a win will recoup.
Of course it is legal. He can pay staff what he likes.

I'm sure I read promotion bonuses don't count towards FFP as well, but maybe wrong on that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sorry if some faint hearts felt offended on the players behalf asking about a win bonus but what I was really asking is can he or indeed Wednesday owners offer a bonus NOW or does it have to be in their original contract. Nobody is suggesting it would be the motivation the players need but could be an added incentive as many times you hear on TV about teams and the fact they are on a bonus of x amount per player

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Which players do you think would play better for more money?

Any number of them,or perhaps ask them if they will put the shirt on for 300 pound a week,money is not the primary reason for players (most) playing it comes as a bonus,but transfers happen all the time due to players either playing at a higher level and also for more money....1/2 million to win one football game,especially fo players of this club represents a big amount of money.....it is after all human nature so without naming names i would say a collective amount would play/try better/harder...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Nobody has answered my question is it permissible for a chairman, whoever, to offer such a bonus at this stage of the season.

I would say officially NO.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
Would it be legal for TB to offer the squad a bonus now 1/2 million each would stiil only be 10m but a drop in the ocean to what a win will recoup.

Which players do you think would play better for more money?

It is disappointing this thread has gone down this route. Agree with WMB's sneer.

So whose motivation and professional integrity shall we denigrate next? That Mother Theresa was just on an ego trip, wasn't she? And she would have been earning much more running that orphanage in India than she would have earned back home in Bulgaria, or wherever it is she was from.

FFS!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here