Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Jake Robinson, former 17 year-old Albion wunderkid, is our guest in the studio this week.

On air 12pm this Saturday, repeated on Monday at 9am. Or on podcast later.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
We're getting messages that some people are experiencing difficulties downloading the Albion Roar podcast via iOS9. It seems the file downloads only so far and then no further.

Having gone through the web techy forums, it appears to be a problem which came in with the new iOS operating system, insofar as some podcasts download and some don't - and which ones don't seems to be fairly arbitrary.

I'd imagine the same people who have had this problem enough with their Apple phone thingy have let Apple know the issue, though it doesn't appear to be that high on the list of priorities for them to fix it, as some of these messages date back to September.

Meanwhile, you can download via Dropbox or stream it, or some have stayed with iOS8, which doesn't appear to have this problem.

Meanwhile, our guests this week are Beverly Sawyers and Ivan Mainprize from American Express, who look after their end of the company's relationship with the Albion.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
A very unusual name and I wonder if he is a local lad, as I remember a very skilful little winger of the same name who played for E&A United at Carden Park some 30 years ago.

He is Brighton born & bred so could very well be the same bloke. With that name it probably has to be :lol:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
He is Brighton born & bred so could very well be the same bloke. With that name it probably has to be :lol:

He was part of a very good young side playing in the Sussex Sunday Mini Minor League, many of the players represented a strong Brighton boys team and one player Steven Palmer, went on to have a long pro career with Ipswich and Watford.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This week's show with Beverly Sawyers and Ivan Mainprize is now up as a podcast on iTunes and at www.albionroar.co.uk. They came in to talk about American Express' relationship with the Albion, and especially with Albion In The Community.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Adam Virgo is back on the show now.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
After 43 shows, 50-odd guests and two live shows in 2015, we're taking a break for Christmas and finishing up for the year.

Thank you from both of us to everyone who has listened in, commented, contributed on and off-air, donated and helped us along our way. Special thanks go to Phil Shelley and Louise Shelley from www.oldfootballshirts.com for his ongoing support for the show, and to Andy Bass and Marcus Hancocks (happy now?) who are always there for us when we need them.

We have one show left in 2015, and that's the first installment of the ALBION ROAR LIVE, which is going out on Boxing Day at 12pm. Seeing as few - if any - will be listening at that time, and will be plugged into the Brentford match instead, we've put the show up as a podcast already. It's a bit quiet in parts, but we hope you enjoy it.

From all of us at The Albion Roar and Radio Reverb, thanks for listening and have yourselves and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

We're back on Saturday 2 January 2016.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It's nearly 2016, and Ady & Al are back in your heads on 2 January. This week, our guest - amazingly enough - is the first pre-Clough player we've had on the Roar (an oversight on our part).

John Templeman played for the Albion from 1966-74, and was very much a key figure in the promotion year of 1972. Still resident in Sussex and a STH at the Amex, John will be regaling tales of life as a player at the Goldstone in the late 60s and early 70s, having played under four managers.

We're on air at 12pm on 2 January and 9am on Monday 4 January on Radio Reverb 97.2FM, online at www.radioreverb.com, or on DAB.

If you miss the show, you can download the podcast at www.albionroar.co.uk

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This week's show with first-time guest Max Cooter is up as a podcast.

Goldstone memories, goal drought, Brighton Riot Squad, University Challenge, Shirt of the Week - all on the agenda. And Bowie.
[MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION]

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
We are delighted to welcome former Albion keeper & Limahl lookalike John Keeley to the reverb rabbit hutch this week

Tune in tomorrow at 12 on Radio Reverb 97.2fm, online at radio reverb.com & later on our podcast

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Podcast with John Keeley is up now.

12509291_10153412566268775_1291218419252689158_n.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just listened to the podcast. What a lovely fella Keeley is. That 87/88 season was my favourite ever, brilliant to hear him talking about it.

Cheers lads.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
For those who may have missed on recent weeks, the five most recent shows include appearance from Paul Rogers, Adam Virgo, The Treason Show's Mark Brailsford, and our Brighton, But Only At Home blogger, Jason Thackeray, plus many more.

Expect some ranting.

http://albionroar.co.uk/recent-shows.php

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Great effort as always guys. As an expat living the other side of the world, giving up my season ticket was one of my most difficult things. Your efforts with Albion Roar are much appreciated, and help me feel that little bit 'connected' :)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Great effort as always guys. As an expat living the other side of the world, giving up my season ticket was one of my most difficult things. Your efforts with Albion Roar are much appreciated, and help me feel that little bit 'connected' :)

Most kind. Thank you.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
We're going through our pre-season predictions on this week's show - some mildly amusing ones. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] :lolol:

Next week, come win, lose or draw, come glory or play-offs - we're shifting our show from Saturday 7 May 12pm (NO-ONE will be listening - as per usual) to Sunday 8 May 11am-1pm. Live. Anything can happen.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We're going through our pre-season predictions on this week's show - some mildly amusing ones. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] :lolol:

Next week, come win, lose or draw, come glory or play-offs - we're shifting our show from Saturday 7 May 12pm (NO-ONE will be listening - as per usual) to Sunday 8 May 11am-1pm. Live. Anything can happen.

Season ain't over yet, and there will be premier league sides in need of a decent manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here