Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Whats Goring like to live in?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Do we know which member of the current squad lives in Goring? A girl I work with who has no interest in football lives in Goring and said one of our forwards is a neighbour. Despite running some names by her she was unsure who it was since no clue about football. However, he drives a range rover, has two young children and is regularly approached by the local kids asking for autographs.

I am of course asking her to stalk him a bit more to come up with a name :) And in the meantime the office is trying to fathom how she's affording a property in an area frequented by seriously well paid pro footballers?

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Do we know which member of the current squad lives in Goring? A girl I work with who has no interest in football lives in Goring and said one of our forwards is a neighbour. Despite running some names by her she was unsure who it was since no clue about football. However, he drives a range rover, has two young children and is regularly approached by the local kids asking for autographs.

I am of course asking her to stalk him a bit more to come up with a name :) And in the meantime the office is trying to fathom how she's affording a property in an area frequented by seriously well paid pro footballers?

My son told me the other day that Lua Lua lives on one of the private estates along the front as his mates have seen his Range Rover with a personal plate driving around?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm fairly certain either Jamie Murphy or Dale Stephens live on mill road, on the way between Goring and Worthing.

Source: Mrs followed their Merc back after picking me up after the Fulham game. While I appreciate they don't look similar, I was very pissed and in a bit of a state of confusion.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's not too aged in demographic. Although the cemetery doubles as a social club.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Goring is rather nice....some nice pubs.....houses a bit on the pricey too seriously expensive side......close to the sea....nice big green to run yer hounds on.......8/10....:thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
KFC in Goring is evil
Flour + egg + turd seems to be the house recipe
CO-OP is balls too, should stop accusing decent citizens like me of shoplifting.
apart from that Goring is great, decent places to eat out
Few game birds on adult websites also from Goring who bang on the beach,don’t pick the redhead with the whip though, she brings a Doberman that licks your nuts…..its very off putting.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
KFC in Goring is evil
Flour + egg + turd seems to be the house recipe
CO-OP is balls too, should stop accusing decent citizens like me of shoplifting.
apart from that Goring is great, decent places to eat out
Few game birds on adult websites also from Goring who bang on the beach,don’t pick the redhead with the whip though, she brings a Doberman that licks your nuts…..its very off putting.

amen.......she is bonkers that one....did she bring her funnel and live squid kit with her.....!!! insane....!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My son told me the other day that Lua Lua lives on one of the private estates along the front as his mates have seen his Range Rover with a personal plate driving around?

Nope. Lua Lua lives in Burgess Hill in the Folders Lane area. Often seen around town (I saw him yesterday driving towards Hassocks - white range river with personalised plates). Who is he best mates with that might live there.....or is there a Nando's nearby ?? [emoji3]

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Goring? I'd say it depends on the peoples age.It's a little boring but along the seafront with the beach and the greens it's extremely nice.

Sea Lane cafe is great for a Sunday morning breakfast.Right on the beach.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

A Brighton player wanted to buy the house next door to my parents around 3 years ago.The owner decided to sell to another guy because he had viewed the house first.What an idiot.The house is up for sale again and a good position for getting to training at Lancing but I don't suppose another player will look at it again.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
They could consider Broadwater rather than Goring. 3 pubs in close proximity, cricket played on the Green all summer and a short stroll to support Worthing when the Albion aren't at home. Several cafe's, although none with a Seaview last time I checked, but shorter queues and much cheaper than the 2 on the beach. What's not to like?

sherbert

Oct 11, 2008
Personally I would suggest they move to east worthing and save a few quid!!
Bloody liberty spending your future inheritance on property when they could give it to you now so you can enjoy the fruits of their labour
Or even suggest Lancing to them

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Rush hour in Goring! :cool:
3309790_bfb009b9.jpg

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Wow, thanks everyone for all the information about the area(s), I shall pass it along to my inlaws. Didn't realise when I asked the question it would turn into a bit of a binfest!! Love NSC! :bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My final post on this subject. If you go to Google Maps and type in the search Angmering it will show you the village where the Spotted Cow is and DBS Garage is or was for many years northy of the A259 Worthing - Littlehampton road If however, you put Angmering on Sea in the search it will take you to the area south of Coastal Road East Preston and well south of the A259,, with the area name Angmering on Sea superimposed. This is in response to the suggestion that it was impossible for my wife to walk her dog along the beach from Ferring to Angmering on Sea. I know she did, she knows she did, I am just glad that I am not an expert on this whose job relied on knowing. I am prepared to rely on my knowledge as a young man supported by Google Maps End of argument from my end.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here