Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanees !!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I accept we need loanees and I know some of them can be permanent, but am I alone in feeling that I have difficulty in getting excited about loan players who will obviously not stay.

Darius Henderson up front for 4 weeks. If he scores, great, but we all know he is a Reading player and will return to Reading.

Even Leon Knight Knight Knigtht, if he does well then he will probably end up playing with Henderson at Reading.

I know they will do a job, but I want somebody signed on as a Brighton Player up front, because at the moment if we lose Knight and Henderson, we have McPhee and 'the Beach Boy', hardly fearsome.

I know we need loanees , but I think when you are as short as we are in attack, you need a permanent option.

Oldhams now sorted, so :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :blush:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't see anything wrong with loanees, especially if Steve Coppell is the man in charge of bringing them in.
So far he has loaned Leon Knight and Darius Henderon

Knight - Quick young and dangerous striker proven to score goals in this division and that was with crappy teams like Huddersfield and Sheff Wed.
Henderson - Big strong striker whos' being kept out of the Reading side by Goater now that will compliment Knight very well.

If we can get one more decent loanee our team is very strong, if temporary which at the moment is as good as i'm hoping for.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Trouble is we don't have much choice at the moment.

SC has a small amount of cash to play with. He wants to be 100% (or near 100%) certain that the player will fit in with us before he extends the loan, or hopefully signs the player.

It's OK to make mistakes provided you learn from them. We made two colossal (excuse pun) mistakes on Butters and Sicknote last year. SC won't make the same mistake again.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Good thing about Henderson is he's out to prove himself to Pardew (tosser) that he can score goals, so we're kinda using him for that which cant be a bad thing. Leon Knight on the other hand wants to sign with us and I just hope that Pardew (tosser) does'nt grab him!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So what are you saying about Pardew Crabtree?

:lolol: :lolol:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
CTS, I agree that Loanees are better than nothing, and I know we don't have much money etc.

I am not one that expects DK to dip into his pockets all over the place, BUT I repeat, Henderson is def. short term, Knight could be sold by Chelsea whenever, leaving us with McPhee and 'the Beach Boy'.

I would rather have a player on a 1 year deal and a loanee, e.g. Rougier, alright, not as good as either of the loanees I am sure, but at least he would be a BRIGHTON player, and not a Reading Player or Chelsea player. I like the use of Loanees to plug gaps and strengthen weak areas, cover for injury etc, but we are not plugging a gap up front, but filling an hour glass with sand, and I am worried that when the sand runs out we are left with a great big empty space.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Henderson is a decent interim signing but is obviously not a long term solution. He has expressed no desire to stay here (can't say I'm surprised) but will be keen to score goals aplenty.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Look at any Reading website and u will see that Henderson has been their best player pre season and has scored loads...he has nothing to prove but is a very useful acquisition.

The jury is still out on Knight IMHO.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Knight is a class player and has already shown in pre season that he's gonna be a handful.

Lets hope the two players can click because then we have a very dangerous strike force, i'm very confident that they will and with Harty coming in fron the wing we have a good chance to score lots of goals.

I'm also very interested in how Jonesy is going to fill in on the left wing, i reckon he could do very well with a good run in the team.

As long as our loaness enjoy playing for us they will try their best.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
End of the day with short term contacts, you get what you can. Even a contract player can be on his way at the end of the season. Face it Zamora started on a loan, Butters and sicknote didn't. :shootself

Vicar

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
We could be in trouble if after their loan spell has finished they both depart. Hate to be pessimistic but the warning signs are there.

Knight wants to stay longer than two months. He just doesn't want a loan contract like the one he had last year, which tied him to a club that didn't appreciate him.

SC has him on approval. And he's got us on approval. If it works out, then I'm sure he'll have a place on the open-top bus ride.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lord Bracknell said:
SC has him on approval. And he's got us on approval. If it works out, then I'm sure he'll have a place on the open-top bus ride.

Beautiful.

We want our trophy back.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I prefer permanent signings as loan players just don't have that extra thing about them which you only get if you are going to keep them

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Last season we had a badly injured keeper with an inexperienced keeper in the reserves.

Coppell found a loan keeper at short notice who stayed for 6 months and served us brilliantly and another keeper at even shorter notice when Beasant had a bad stomach bug.
He's now with us on a two year contract.

I trust Coppell and think he will handle this the best way possible.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I trust Coppell too, lets just hope it works out well, both wouls seem to be good aquisitions.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
We will need some some of permenant striker solution before we start playing cup games. I guess that both Knight and Henderson will both be stopped from playing in the League, FA, and LDF cups or whatever it is called now! That will leave us very light up front for what could be some good money spinning cup runs.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Look at the record in the first half of the season before he came to the club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here