Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights End of Season Awards thread

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I don't think Richie Reynolds was too pleased when his Co host mentioned getting the same haircut as Kayal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know you're sore because Bruno lost but hang on here.

"Not a good footballer"?

Utter utter tosh!
Er, he didn't say Kayal wasn't a good footballer, he said he wasn't AS good a footballer [as Bruno], which given Bruno's CV, is not particularly controversial (although it is arguable).

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Er, he didn't say Kayal wasn't a good footballer, he said he wasn't AS good a football [as Bruno], which given Bruno's CV, is not particularly controversial (although it is arguable).

'AS' not 'A'.

Just seen that. My fault for not posting before I'm awake properly!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Normally these things are quite cheesy and cringeworthy, this event however was superbly put together. The videos were fantastic and moving, I thought Richard Reynolds should be commended for his deft handling of the Stockdale interview and highlight reel. I think the winners were all worthy and a credit to this wonderful football club.

For me this season has made a mockery of those wo thought we may lose the community feel of the club once we left Withdean. I think we are more #together than ever before, and I wish promotion not only for ourselves as fans, but those hard working, honest players and everyone behind the scenes who has bust a gut and gone above and beyond to make this end of season finale possible.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I voted Bruno but am happy Kayal got the nod ... both have been excellent.

Bruno edged it for me mainly due to his audacity, energy and enthusiasm but I appreciate that Kayal is the kingpin of the team and we look significantly weaker when he's off the pitch.

Fantastic to look back at a season when so many players have been superb.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Bruno and Kayal have both been excellent this season, my vote was for Stockdale, without him we really wouldn't be anywhere near the top 3. But on the whole, can't really say i was surprised that Kayal got it in the end.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's on YouTube

Yeah, watched it before I went to bed last night - was meant to have an early-ish night.

It looked like a great night, felt sorry for Jiri. He didn't speak any English a few months and is now being asked questions in a public place.

And I voted for Kayal - the heartbeat of the team - so I'm pleased he won it

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
without him we really wouldn't be anywhere near the top 3.

You really could say that about a few members of our team couldn't you. Stockdale, Bruno, Kayal, Stephens, Rosenior, Knockaert (recently at least), shit, even Skalak's introduction has provided the goals to push for the top 2. What a team.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Sounds like our three most influential players were all awarded something. But as recognised elsewhere by managers and players, Bruno is the stand out player this season for me: sheer class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here