Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
So why not a better song for him?... try this to the tune of No Limits....

Jiri
Jiri Skalak
Jiri Skalak
He's the Czech assassin....
(Repeat)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.png

SKALAK making front page of today's Football league paper
MARVELLOUS

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Earlier in this thread, when posting to a 'hard of thinking' type, it occurred to me the confusion was being caused because Jiri was thought of a Kaz type winger, hence being downgraded.
When in fact he clearly doesn't have the Kaz/Murph/Tony attributes but is a Spanish Dave type winger.

After yesterday's play and goal (from the TV) I think I was wrong.

Jiri is a David Beckham type winger.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Earlier in this thread, when posting to a 'hard of thinking' type, it occurred to me the confusion was being caused because Jiri was thought of a Kaz type winger, hence being downgraded.
When in fact he clearly doesn't have the Kaz/Murph/Tony attributes but is a Spanish Dave type winger.

After yesterday's play and goal (from the TV) I think I was wrong.

Jiri is a David Beckham type winger.

Or a much better Darren Currie. He's getting better as each game passes. His work rate yesterday was brilliant.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You're clearly not:-

Tomer
Tomer Tomer
Tomer Tomer
Tomer Hemed.

Which was finally belted out v QPR.
So saying his name 3 times is hardly imaginative... how about add the third line.... "He's our tame Israeli"

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a signing Skalak is becoming. Brilliant finish for the second goal yesterday and another great free kick to setup the first. He looks so confident now when you compare him to the player who started at Cardiff and looked a bit lost. What a January we had with signing him and Knockaert.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So saying his name 3 times is hardly imaginative... how about add the third line.... "He's our tame Israeli"

Nowt to do with me I'm in the family stand!!

But I doubted the existence of the Tomer/2Unlimited chant, esp after being told it was "regularly belted out".
That conversation was then followed by Tomer's hat-trick and the chant finally being belted out.

Anyway what's wrong with Skalak as Attack?

I never liked attack x 5, and think it works better as his chant.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Anyway what's wrong with Skalak as Attack?

I never liked attack x 5, and think it works better as his chant.

I love it that Warren Aspinall keeps blowing hot about Skalak not staying out wide completely ignoring that his natural position seems to be more as an inside forward. The way he drives forward cutting into the channels between full back and centre back really suits that chant. I love it!

Skalak
Skalak
Skalak Skalak Skalak

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I knew he was a GOOD one as I trusted Hughton and he wouldn't keep playing a DUD

****in hell Ernest...........This hate to love between you and Chris is like a script from a 1940s Hollywood movie. Long may it continue , I say.

BTW, is DUD short for DULLARD in your vocabulary ?

As for the Skalak , thing, I am still in the Murphy camp but I do concede that Skalak gives us something different. Murphy and Knockeart are quite similar and you cant play all 3 really but it is so nice to have all of these options available to us and it seems that the ones who don't make the starting 11 are more than happy to be part of the squad which when you have squad harmony you have team harmony.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
All our wingers offer us something different.

You don't need to be pacey with tricks if you have a work ethic and brilliant delivery. A team is about having the right mix.

Personally I think 2 goals, and his assist to game ratio is superb and we wouldn't be in the position we are now without him.

All the while playing in a new country, learning a new language, understand a new system.. Credit where it's due he's done brilliantly.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
My man of the match yesterday, regardless of his goal. He worked so hard for the team, running back, supporting Rosenior, getting stuck in - and going forward he was so exciting. As for his dead ball crossing - wow!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Getting up to the pace of the league
Yes, he was getting caught in possession and was outmuscled a lot and lacking a bit of confidence when he first started playing but now he starting to show why BHA paid money for him.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Skalak changes our team's dynamics, which I can imagine only being a nightmare for tactics when opposition managers are looking at how to counter-act ours.

It's no coincidence that since Knockeart and Skalak have joined, that our football has developed into something beyond what we saw in the first half of the season. The draws and constant 2-1 wins showed that we were becoming one dimensional with Lua Lua and Murphy/March on the wings. That's not to say they weren't effective, all 3 were crucial in our unbeaten run. However, Knockeart's pace and creativity now opens up new avenues for goal scoring opportunities all the whilst posing a constant threat to full backs due to his pace.

Skalak on the other hand, whilst I don't think he's our paciest player, I don't consider him as a winger, but as either as an attacking mid/inside forward. He can deliver a quality cross and as such, poses a problem for the fall back. However, if he cuts inside he creates further problems for the full back and his centre back. In turn, if the CB challenges him, he opens up space for Stephens of Kayal to enter as this will stretch the defence and we all know those two can score. All the whilst posing as a threat for a goal himself or to square the ball for a striker. Combined with Murphy and Lua Lua who will be likely impact subs, you're creating a bigger problem for the opposition's defence as they'll be tiring and as such decision making worsens. If you're a full back and it's 75 mins into the game, would you really remember on the spot what the Manager's orders were if X player was on and what to do if Y player is on.

Nonetheless, Hughton and the recruitment team clearly saw a problem with how we were being found out and bought two players who fit into our system and ethos, but provide something completely different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here