Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Future of North East football!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sky's pundits Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher talked about Newcastle and what is happening to 'Northern' football.

What I will say is well done to Brighton but it is a shift to the south like you would not believe,” Neville said.

“You think about Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull potentially going down, that’s three more northern clubs.

“Then the Yorkshire clubs, the Sheffield clubs, Leeds and you think Newcastle might not come back up – although they probably will. It’s a worry for the north of England

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...gher-neville-newcastle-united-future-12910489

I don't think that Albion getting promoted to the PL, is a major shift of power to the south.
More like a lot of grit, determination, a belief in one's self, unity and togetherness, whilst coming in on budget with not overspending on big time Charlie's.
IMO :thumbsup:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Neville has pursued this line of thinking before. He sees a shift in power towards the London clubs coupled with Bournemouth and Southampton. More money in the south, the draw of London, better connections, airports etc make the south attractive to international players. His argument has some merit I think ... but I couldn't give a toss!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Neville is right, it won't be long before sides like Manchester Utd, City and Liverpool etc build training facilities in the south or near London to attract players and then just travel up north for the games, top quality players want to be near London...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Neville is right, it won't be long before sides like Manchester Utd, City and Liverpool etc build training facilities in the south or near London to attract players and then just travel up north for the games, top quality players want to be near London...

Can fly currently, been saying similar for many years. I think however it's extremely disrespectful and hardly builds a sense of community if the players 'commute' from their London playground just to play matches. As a fan, that would pee me off but then fans opinions are marginal in the Premier especially.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Didn't Albion have a few players houses up the road from The Goldstone ?

They used to have some on Old Shoreham Road in Southwick. North side just before Kingston Lane.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Neville has pursued this line of thinking before. He sees a shift in power towards the London clubs coupled with Bournemouth and Southampton. More money in the south, the draw of London, better connections, airports etc make the south attractive to international players. His argument has some merit I think ... but I couldn't give a toss!

Last season the promoted teams were 'Boro, Hull and Burnley. Neville is talking out of his arse again and his sycophants in the media make him out to be a footballing sage.

If we go up with Newcastle and one of Huddersfield, Leeds or the Massive it's not a southern takeover.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last season the promoted teams were 'Boro, Hull and Burnley. Neville is talking out of his arse again and his sycophants in the media make him out to be a footballing sage.

If we go up with Newcastle and one of Huddersfield, Leeds or the Massive it's not a southern takeover.
Wise words. It really is bollocks.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Brighton Portsmouth Plymouth come on the south.

Not only South, but seaside/coastal! How about Eastbourne and Weymouth to work their way up through the leagues.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Sky's pundits Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher talked about Newcastle and what is happening to 'Northern' football.

What I will say is well done to Brighton but it is a shift to the south like you would not believe,” Neville said.

“You think about Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull potentially going down, that’s three more northern clubs.

“Then the Yorkshire clubs, the Sheffield clubs, Leeds and you think Newcastle might not come back up – although they probably will. It’s a worry for the north of England

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...gher-neville-newcastle-united-future-12910489

I don't think that Albion getting promoted to the PL, is a major shift of power to the south.
More like a lot of grit, determination, a belief in one's self, unity and togetherness, whilst coming in on budget with not overspending on big time Charlie's.
IMO :thumbsup:

I don't think Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull going down while Brighton, Newcastle and Hudd/Leeds/Sheff go up is any great shift of power to the South. Not least because Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull are about as "powerful" as a wet fart. Their absence doesn't exactly send the Northern end of the see-saw shooting up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't think Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull going down while Brighton, Newcastle and Hudd/Leeds/Sheff go up is any great shift of power to the South. Not least because Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull are about as "powerful" as a wet fart. Their absence doesn't exactly send the Northern end of the see-saw shooting up.

Excellent :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here