Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how to remove a 'D' lock

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
hmmmmmmm, problem is i live in bristol, dragging it to brighton may take a while, tried a locksmith, £50 - f*** that. amazingly i found my keys in the club i lost them in!!!

so there, im no **** after all!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I say burn the Vespa and get a car, failing that get a lorry!

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Don't the local herberts know the answer?

Ask a plumber first, but the local BRM (Bicycle Repair Mechanic) says the herberts walk around with portable angle grinders, which apparently defeat most D-locks except the really expensive ones, which, of course, he sells.

For further completely useless information see:

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_scripts/bicycle.txt

This also reveals FG's true identity.

Last edited:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
bristolseagull said:
hmmmmmmm, problem is i live in bristol, dragging it to brighton may take a while, tried a locksmith, £50 - f*** that. amazingly i found my keys in the club i lost them in!!!

so there, im no **** after all!!

But you're still a twat with a vespa, get a proper bike.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
f*** you marvin, you dont know me. i bought a vespa to get to and from university, i cant afford to buy/run a car, so a nippy 125 is just the job.

dick.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Did I say buy a car? No! You decided to ride a girly vespa when you could have got a propper bike!

So f*** you mush, typical uni person can't read.

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
A few months ago when pissed :drink: and walking along ship street there was a bike d locked to a railing, i gave the bike a big yank and the d lock came off and i cycled around until some bloke came out and threatend to kick shit out of me.

Anyway try some real angry brute force

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Firstly, what kind of useless hacksaw and or arms do you have that that method failed.
Secondly yes a jack will pop it open in most cases.
Thirdly you can open lots of those ones with the circular keys with the tube off a felt tip pen.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Firstly, what kind of useless hacksaw and or arms do you have that that method failed.
Secondly yes a jack will pop it open in most cases.
Thirdly you can open lots of those ones with the circular keys with the tube off a felt tip pen.

I suspect he's got it off by now. Or it's rusted off, IN THE 14 OR SO YEARS SINCE THE EVENT :)

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I suspect he's got it off by now. Or it's rusted off, IN THE 14 OR SO YEARS SINCE THE EVENT :)

Thanks for pointing out the time gap. I was surprised anyone still uses a D lock.

They stopped selling in late 2003, when it was openly revealed on the internet how easy they were to break open.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
ok i had an unfortunate accident the other day which resulted in me losing my keys, on the bunch was my one and only 'D' lock key, the lock is now securing my vespa- which is great, only i now cant get it off, i tried a hack saw, which, surprisingly enough failed miserably. any ideas??

Angle grinder, if you are still trying.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Are you a complete ****?
first of all your bird see's your posting's about shagging other birds
Secondly you crash your brand new vespa
Thirdly you lose you keys!!
. . . . . . . .

But that bit sounds interesting, even after 14 years..

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
When i was at school i remember a story going around that pissing on a D lock would unlock it :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here