Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stocky

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Walton needs games now and not just bench sitting.

If we go up maybe his next move will be a year long loan to the championship ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Walton's career path is pretty clearly laid out.

Div 2 loanee this season.
Div 1 full season loanee next.
Championship 'keeper 18/19, who that might be with is anyone's guess.

The one thing he won't be doing is getting splinters in his arse sat on the bench behind Brighton's #1.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Haven't heard but I imagine he'd be delighted to be a Premier League keeper and we won't want to waste £££ signing a backup keeper.
Luton/Southend to top division is a pretty big step up. I doubt Walton will be first team squad next season.

Well after playing against the polish arsenal keeper who had a loan season at orient a few yrs back next season he was their number one I wouldn't write him off just yet mate

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Well after playing against the polish arsenal keeper who had a loan season at orient a few yrs back next season he was their number one I wouldn't write him off just yet mate

You're referring to Wojciech Szczesny who had a spell on loan at Brentford, including a game at Withdean. He then made his Arsenal debut at Old Trafford because Arsenal had no other goalkeepers available, he didn't look back until Petr Cech became available. He's now Roma's number 1 goalkeeper.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Only stumbling block is the length of contract.
He wants longer than we offered.

That exactly matches what I've heard, FWIW.

As a keeper and 31 he'll be in his prime for at least the next four years and I suggest that's what we should offer so that he's first choice next year and maybe year after with Walton replacing him after that.

By all means if we remain in the Prem then get another foreign keeper to push him - this on the proviso the coaching staff don't think Maenpaa is up to being Prem back up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here