Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The feeling that we belonged, that we could cross 'borders' without feeling like foreigners, getting off the train in Brussels/Paris etc just like one would in London, breezing though 'immigration' in to the canaries to enjoy a few days in the sun. Being able to up sticks and go and live in a hut in a small village in Bulgaria, no effing problem.

Unimportant things on the macro scale but still so depressing.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The feeling that we belonged, that we could cross 'borders' without feeling like foreigners, getting off the train in Brussels/Paris etc just like one would in London, breezing though 'immigration' in to the canaries to enjoy a few days in the sun. Being able to up sticks and go and live in a hut in a small village in Bulgaria, no effing problem.

Unimportant things on the macro scale but still so depressing.

Can we not do that now then..........a caravan on Selsey beach it is then.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Song Contest

Oh, trust me, if that's the worst he can come up then he hasn't been watching it. The Alexander Rybak song is one of the better winners.

I could inflict some real pain on you with my worst five, I suspect [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] could go even better.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
May waffling on BBC 1 right now

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The (relative) open mindedness. The recognition that an economic free trade area brings prosperity to all. That should me form of political integration will mitigate against wars btw those countries. Builders who are less likely to take the piss. Their collection of world cups.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Being able to go to places as diverse as Sicily, Berlin, Budapest, Greece, Stockholm and genuinely feel quite comfortable, well-looked after, knowing there are certain standards and expectations and, to an extent, like you haven't completely left your own state/political system.

Having been to 4 out the 5 I can say that is nonsense.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The opportunity to take back control of our sovereignty, by signing up to World Trade Organisation rules.

Oh. Hold on. Does the WTO have a parliament? When are the elections?

They had them in November. It's now headed up by an upstanding business man full of integrity. Only Americans could vote.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All they have to do is get a remainer to be (a good) leader and they'll have over half the country voting for them. Then if we're still in a ****ing mess a few years in we can have another referendum.
A referendum about what, exactly? You appear to be assuming that the EU will allow us back in...........you may need to think this one through, a bit.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Having been to 4 out the 5 I can say that is nonsense.

By that you mean you disagree. Care to explain how? Having been to all 5 it's certainly how I felt. (Nothing special about those 5 places by the way, just illustrative of 5 very different places in the EU).

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
No, it's the thread where people like you shout "LA, LA, LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!", and "You lost, Remoaner, get over it." Now, sod off from this one.
Judging me by your standards I see.... a tad more education and reality in my world.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Which EU law is everyone most excited about not having to abide by anymore?

Rather than any individual law I am more interested in the principle of the decision making process itself and more powers returning to Westminster. That principle of our legislators and our parliamentary members deciding which laws are in our best interests and the accountability our citizens can enjoy is far more important than any individual piece of legislation.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A referendum about what, exactly? You appear to be assuming that the EU will allow us back in...........you may need to think this one through, a bit.

I thought there was a talking head on the BBC news who said that Tusk has said we can withdraw the article 50 notification, right up until we actually exit.

Just saying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here