Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not at all only that Muslims reactions to cartoons appear to be more outraged then when murder is carried out on their behalf .

You've got a real handle on religion I see. Funny that you're also posting on the Duffy Tweet thread, but no mention of Catholics expressing outrage for murder on their behalf?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The media reporting around this has been atrocious.

On the one hand, we will not be bowed. On the other hand, the media have dropped everything and turned this into exactly what Adrian Elms and his chums (if he had any) would have hoped for.

This was the disgraceful act of a deluded individual. But was it a meaningful attack on British democracy? With a kitchen knife?

The response and words from people like Andrew Neill has been firm and well judged, but to see the media machine sending GMB and BBCBreakfast to report 'live' from the scene and all the extended programmes - there was one last night entitled 'Attack on Britain' - is just an over-reaction. Shall we call it #SnowflakeNews ?

When the IRA were bombing Britain, we didn't have this hubris. It was firmly and clearly reported and the gravitas was made clear by the content of the news, not by the high budgets splashed on graphics and outside broadcasting.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The media reporting around this has been atrocious.

On the one hand, we will not be bowed. On the other hand, the media have dropped everything and turned this into exactly what Adrian Elms and his chums (if he had any) would have hoped for.

This was the disgraceful act of a deluded individual. But was it a meaningful attack on British democracy? With a kitchen knife?

The response and words from people like Andrew Neill has been firm and well judged, but to see the media machine sending GMB and BBCBreakfast to report 'live' from the scene and all the extended programmes - there was one last night entitled 'Attack on Britain' - is just an over-reaction. Shall we call it #SnowflakeNews ?

When the IRA were bombing Britain, we didn't have this hubris. It was firmly and clearly reported and the gravitas was made clear by the content of the news, not by the high budgets splashed on graphics and outside broadcasting.

Have a look at Simon Jenkins' comments on Newsnight last night, if you haven't seen them already. Very much chimes with what you are saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqs4h4xVRoY
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/78...-coverage-of-London-terror-Westminster-attack

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You've got a real handle on religion I see. Funny that you're also posting on the Duffy Tweet thread, but no mention of Catholics expressing outrage for murder on their behalf?

The IRA never killed anyone for the sole purpose of Catholicism. They did what they did for republicanism. Never heard of any of the Protestant heroes of the republican movement?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Have a look at Simon Jenkins' comments on Newsnight last night, if you haven't seen them already. Very much chimes with what you are saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqs4h4xVRoY

I agree with what Simon Jenkins says. Unfortunately, I doubt his words will be heeded. We live in a macabre 24 hour news culture where people want to inject themselves with fix after fix of the same news. Until the news - on all channels - starts to act responsibly, we'll continue to see this reporting and continue to frighten the shit out of ourselves.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The IRA never killed anyone for the sole purpose of Catholicism. They did what they did for republicanism. Never heard of any of the Protestant heroes of the republican movement?

Do you think that all these ISIS johnnies are killing people in the name of Islam or the name of Power? I tend to think it's the latter and that Islam is just their vehicle.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Do you think that all these ISIS johnnies are killing people in the name of Islam or the name of Power? I tend to think it's the latter and that Islam is just their vehicle.

Their prophet was a warlord, so of course they have a precedence to kill people in his name. He ordered the deaths of plenty of people himself.

Islam was spread by an army.

It's the fact they come from many different nations and many different social back grounds that should worry people the most. It's a far right ideology that for some reason gets defended by the bleeding hearts who normally lose their shit to anything from the right..

Yoda

English & European

Their leader's, I would say, are doing it for money more than anything else. Why else would the areas they try and control cover oil pipes etc?

D

Deleted member 22389

Their prophet was a warlord, so of course they have a precedence to kill people in his name. He ordered the deaths of plenty of people himself.

It's the fact they come from many different nations and many different social back grounds that should worry people the most. It's a far right ideology that for some reason gets defended by the bleeding hearts who normally lose their shit to anything from the right..

Spot on.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Religion and power (controlling the masses) have always been inextricably linked. Islam being a particularly lethal vehicle because of the hold it has on it's followers.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Well, if we're going to go back in history, then I'd look to the brutalism of Richard the Lionheart during his vanity project otherwise known as The Crusades. Compared to Salladin he was an equally vicious Christian Warlord driven by power and a thirst for battle.

Ironic that he spent just 6 months in England, saw himself more as a French Norman and yet we all dress up like him at the Rugby and the Football. Maybe in 500 years time we'll be playing Afghanistan at spaceball and their fans will all be dressed in the black of ISIS and we'll all be laughing and having a beer or carrot juice and talking about the good old days. And yes, I know I am being provocative, but there are precedents from history everywhere.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Religion and power (controlling the masses) have always been inextricably linked. Islam being a particularly lethal vehicle because of the hold it has on it's followers.

You'll never find any other religion anywhere in the world having a hold over its followers and causing them to take up dogmatic views that can not be shifted. No other religion anywhere does that. Not one. Not one single religion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/osaama-saifi/isis-is-to-islam-what-the_b_9866208.html

There are bad muslims and there are bad christians.

Check out the Army of God's website.

PS - I agree with what you say about the lethal inextricable combination 100%.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

When the IRA were bombing Britain (in the main), we didn't have the internet, or 24 hour rolling news channels, which is perhaps the salient point.

They have to fill their broadcasts with something, no matter now trite it appears. How else would Kay Burley still be in gainful employment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here