Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time the Albion won a game they should have lost?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There were a few under Oscar.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We beat Forest at home a few seasons back which we snatched. It was a complete joke I remember laughing on the way home.

We certainly had one or two last minute wins last season.

MK Dons could have been a draw. Somehow we turned it around against Charlton at home too.

But I dont remember thinking we should have lost a game other than the forset one. The rest could or should have been draws where we nicked a goal.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Most of the recent games against Leeds.

"we should be beating teams like little Brighton"

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We beat Forest at home a few seasons back which we snatched. It was a complete joke I remember laughing on the way home.

We certainly had one or two last minute wins last season.

MK Dons could have been a draw. Somehow we turned it around against Charlton at home too.

But I dont remember thinking we should have lost a game other than the forset one. The rest could or should have been draws where we nicked a goal.

I remember it well Buckley scored in injury time to secure a 1-0 win after Forest had battered us throughout.

Smash & Grab personified.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Most of the recent games against Leeds.

"we should be beating teams like little Brighton"
Leeds think that about every team though because they should be playing Real Madrid not the likes of Brighton.

el punal

Didn't we win 3-0? How's that possible if we deserved to lose?

Before the game we had 8 or 9 players out injured/suspended. Southampton were flying. It wasn't that we deserved to lose, it was prior to the match no-one gave us an earthly - not even the most ardent Albion fan. As it turned out it was our best performance of the season.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Similar to Derby (h) 2-0 was the 2-0 against QPR at the Amex a couple of years ago (Harry wasn't happy at being mugged)
You beat me to it -that QPR game was tough on them, as they were clearly the better team and we scored two late goals against the run of play.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There was the win against Derby at the Amex a couple of seasons ago that immediately springs to mind :lol:

Played us off the park and somehow we got a 2-0 win, beginning of the end for McClaren

#thederbyway

Excellent call, that was daylight robbery (at night), but it was a long time ago and although I don't get to every game I can't recall one since.

Enjoy. I do. :lolol:

[YT]OddY7SzuEH0[/YT]

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Before the game we had 8 or 9 players out injured/suspended. Southampton were flying. It wasn't that we deserved to lose, it was prior to the match no-one gave us an earthly - not even the most ardent Albion fan. As it turned out it was our best performance of the season.

Only after Adam el Abd wound up micky lambert to the extent that Southampton were down to 10 mem........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cardiff away a couple of years ago was a complete smash and grab - they were all over us all game and we went down the other end twice (I think?) and scored both times, Ulloa?

FOUND IT - Feb 2013. Orlandi and Ulloa, 2-0. Cardiff absolutely dominated that game, Kusz had a cracker though.

Corners;

Cardiff - 13
Albion - 1

Last edited:

Feb 18, 2011
Currently Cornwall
Cardiff away a couple of years ago was a complete smash and grab - they were all over us all game and we went down the other end twice (I think?) and scored both times, Ulloa?

FOUND IT - Feb 2013. Orlandi and Ulloa, 2-0. Cardiff absolutely dominated that game, Kusz had a cracker though.

Corners;

Cardiff - 13
Albion - 1

Exactly the one that came to my mind. The Cardiff fans threw their free red scarves away afterwards in dismay!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Similar to Derby (h) 2-0 was the 2-0 against QPR at the Amex a couple of years ago (Harry wasn't happy at being mugged)

The QPR one was the first of the two I thought of (conveniently forgetting the Derby game when we surrendered the midfield). QPR burnt themselves out and in the last 20 minutes Lualua was beating Joey Barton at will. Forget the previous 70 minutes and it was a good win.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Corners;

Cardiff - 13
Albion - 1

Good call as well. The Cardiff dominance was embarrassing.

The larceny of all time Albion history was the 1983 Cup victory at Liverpool, followed by the 1983 Cup victory at Newcastle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here