Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone here live in Wellington New Zealand or New Zealand in general?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
yep, in Auckland.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Went to NZ in December and all I can say is you lucky bugger, if I was 20 years younger I would be out there like a shot! The best country I have been to for many reasons.

D

Deleted member 2719

Went to NZ in December and all I can say is you lucky bugger, if I was 20 years younger I would be out there like a shot! The best country I have been to for many reasons.

You could just go to Wales if sheep is an interest of yours.:sheep:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ

how did you find it ? going to be living there but believe it or not I've never been !

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
[MENTION=1314]dannyboy[/MENTION] Was there from last Sept until April, had the chance to move there as well, but chose to stay in the UK. Amazing Country, loved the South Island. Anything you need to know just PM me.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
cheers for the replies . just wanted to know anything and everything really . just general experiences of the people and way of life , cost of living . we've been researching it for over a year but nothing beats experiences from people on the ground . especially albion fans

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
cheers for the replies . just wanted to know anything and everything really . just general experiences of the people and way of life , cost of living . we've been researching it for over a year but nothing beats experiences from people on the ground . especially albion fans

DB: I've been told there are no kebab shops in NZ, just not part of the culture.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Interesting, some of the things that I absolutely loved about the place will be things others would hate.

It is around the same size as the UK but has only 5 million inhabitants, so you aren't living on top of one another.

Once you get out of the Towns & Cities it is very quiet. I'm sure some would find it too quiet.

New Zealanders are, on the whole, restrained & polite (well until you get to the All Blacks which is a bit like discussing religion!) and they like the British far more than Australians do. Mrs Jakarta has relatives in Melbourne and we have been down to see them 3 times in the last 12 years so think that I can say that with some confidence. Not that all Aussies are abrasive gobshites, but lots of them are...

The weather is nowhere near as extreme as Australia, but the scenery is better. Southern Island probably takes it but Russell in the Bay of Islands is still my favourite. Could quite easily see out the rest of my time there.

I do love Sussex but it has got less and less pleasant a place to live and work in over the past 20 years. As I said previously I could quite easily see us out in NZ but for the overwhelming fact it is so FAR from anywhere else so it will probably be the Garda region of Italy for us as a retirement destination.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here