Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mounie red card..(Hudds lodge - and lose - appeal)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Joke comment. Just 5 minutes later on MOTD they showed Capoue getting a red for getting to the ball first with his studs down on the ball and turf, and no malice.

Felt sorry for the ball.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That just seems like such an odd overstating of things. I don't think I've ever heard anyone in football say "it has to be a red, he's gone in with excessive force, which encompasses recklessness and/or carelessness".

You're not getting the red for the carelessness or the recklessness. You're only getting the red because it goes beyond that into excessive force, ergo, while excessive force may encompass recklessness and carelessness, the red isn't for either of those things, it's for that extra thing that makes it excessive.

Okay. But the terms careless, wreckless and excessive force are clearly stated and referred to multiple times in the laws.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is why we need sin bins. Ref forced to show red and completely ruined the game as an even contest. Although we made a magnificent effort to bring Hudds back into the game

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For me its all about intent.

If he is genuinely trying to win the ball, then for me its a yellow. I still think Stephens at Cardiff was a yellow and Stephens at Boro wasn't even a foul, but even if you accept that Stephens should have got a red at Cardiff I still think Mounie's was a yellow. Ditto Balogun's challenge later

If he deliberately thought he's just leave his foot in and catch Bissouma, then its a red all day long.

My suspicion is that Oliver has called the second one and done him on a nasty piece of gamesmanship. My feeling from Mounie's less than overt protests is that he knows he's bang to rights.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For me its all about intent.

If he is genuinely trying to win the ball, then for me its a yellow. I still think Stephens at Cardiff was a yellow and Stephens at Boro wasn't even a foul, but even if you accept that Stephens should have got a red at Cardiff I still think Mounie's was a yellow. Ditto Balogun's challenge later

If he deliberately thought he's just leave his foot in and catch Bissouma, then its a red all day long.

My suspicion is that Oliver has called the second one and done him on a nasty piece of gamesmanship. My feeling from Mounie's less than overt protests is that he knows he's bang to rights.

Mounie's was high studs up, so always a red regardless. Balogun's was clumsy, but low, so a yellow was right.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here