Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford Loyalty Points

theboybilly

Just booked a hotel for Liverpool. Have decided to drive as the trains are completely screwed up this weekend.

Did you get a good deal? There's not much going near Lime St for under £150. I've snagged a bit of a 'chance-your-luck' place not far from Central Station. Happily Brewdog Liverpool is just around the corner. I'm hoping I'm going to be pleasantly surprised with my accommodation

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
What's the chances of Liverpool going on sale to all ST holders, bearing in mind the time of KO and trains apparently being screwed ? What was our allocation last year ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What's the chances of Liverpool going on sale to all ST holders, bearing in mind the time of KO and trains apparently being screwed ? What was our allocation last year ?

Could be , as no doubt some will be on holiday, and others will have chalked off and don't want to go back..... Think we will get 3,000

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Low I would think. Many STH are “home” fans only and with holidays, crap trains, late KO, many fans ticked Liverpool off their list last season, and it being on TV I wonder if we’ll even sell out.

Ps - oh, another reason, you have to go to Liverpool

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Low I would think. Many STH are “home” fans only and with holidays, crap trains, late KO, many fans ticked Liverpool off their list last season, and it being on TV I wonder if we’ll even sell out.

I think you mean high.....I can see this going beyond the top two bands. I will miss it as on holiday. I would prefer to go there instead of Old Trafford or Man City, thought the latter was really miserable place.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Did you get a good deal? There's not much going near Lime St for under £150. I've snagged a bit of a 'chance-your-luck' place not far from Central Station. Happily Brewdog Liverpool is just around the corner. I'm hoping I'm going to be pleasantly surprised with my accommodation

Got a hotel by the docks. I stayed over last season and had a room in a so called hotel in Rodney Street. Ok but still wasn’t cheap.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s a bit more complex than that because you need to factor in renewal points plus a reducing value attributable to past home cup/way games you’ve seen. As a STH, you get points for renewal (not total seasons at the Amex) so if this is your 8th season at the Amex (i.e. since it opened in 2011/12 season) you only get 190 renewal points because you’re renewing for the 7th time. The balance of your points (if you’re a STH) will be a function of all of the other games (i.e. home cups and all aways) you’ve seen at the Amex since 2011/12, for which the carry forward value of the loyalty points for each game will reduce by 50% each season. So, for example, if the home cup/away loyalty points you earned in 2017/18 totalled 160 they’ll only be worth 80 carried forward into 2018/19. If you did 160 home cup/away loyalty points in 2016/17 they’ll only carry forward in 2018/19 at 160 x 50% x 50% = 40, and so on. The club’s website provides a worked example on page 2 of the attached link, which I think bears out the fact that 200 points (as indicated on page 1) can’t apply as the renewal bonus, even for someone who’s been a STH at the Amex since its opening 8 seasons ago in 2011/12 because, by definition, they’re only renewing for the 7th time in 2018/19.

https://www.seagullstickets.com/custom/documents/pdf/1819/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

You are both saying the same thing ie you get ST renewal points to a max of 190 + half your points (as of now) awarded for attending away or cup games.
For those implying it needs mathematical genius to understand....it doesn't.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You are both saying the same thing ie you get ST renewal points to a max of 190 + half your points (as of now) awarded for attending games.

Nope. Half the non ST-related points earned last season, plus 25% of those earned the season before, plus 12.5% of those earned the season before etc...

The club place a higher value on “loyalty” (defined as ST plus non-ST purchases made through the club) in recent seasons. The more recent, the more “loyal” you are.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just worked mine out, should be 152.

aLgnX.png

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Points have been updated.

Take off your season ticket points

Half the remainder

Add renewal points

You have your new total... mine is 329

That calculation should only be true if you only collected non-ST points last season. If you collected any in prior seasons that calc should not work. Note: I’m not saying that it does not (in your case), I’m saying that it SHOULD not.

Unless they’ve changed the LP scheme (again).

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
That calculation should only be true if you only collected non-ST points last season. If you collected any in prior seasons that calc should not work. Note: I’m not saying that it does not (in your case), I’m saying that it SHOULD not.

Unless they’ve changed the LP scheme (again).

The extra points gained from the season before last had already been halved at the start of last season, and the season before that had already been halved twice, and so on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The extra points gained from the season before last had already been halved at the start of last season, and the season before that had already been halved twice, and so on.

Just tried to log on and the Queue it system is operating. What's going on sale today as I thought Watford/Liverpool was tomorrow?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nope. Half the non ST-related points earned last season, plus 25% of those earned the season before, plus 12.5% of those earned the season before etc...

The club place a higher value on “loyalty” (defined as ST plus non-ST purchases made through the club) in recent seasons. The more recent, the more “loyal” you are.

OK if we accept you are right which is preferable.

Season 1 100 points earned
End of season x0.5 = 50
Next season earn 100 points total 150
End if season 150 x0.5 = 75

Next season earn 100 points total 175 points

End if season ×0.5 = 87.5 points

Or your method

Season 1 earn 100 points end of season x0.5 = 50 points

Next season earn 100 points total 150 points

100 x0.25 = 25 points and 100 points x0.5 points = 50 points total 75 points

Next season earn 100 points total l75 points

100 points x0.125 = 12.5
100 points x 0.25 = 25 points
100 points x0.50 = 50 points
Total 87.5 points

This looks the same to me or am I missing something

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
OK if we accept you are right which is preferable.

Season 1 100 points earned
End of season x0.5 = 50
Next season earn 100 points total 150
End if season 150 x0.5 = 75

Next season earn 100 points total 175 points

End if season ×0.5 = 87.5 points

Or your method

Season 1 earn 100 points end of season x0.5 = 50 points

Next season earn 100 points total 150 points

100 x0.25 = 25 points and 100 points x0.5 points = 50 points total 75 points

Next season earn 100 points total l75 points

100 points x0.125 = 12.5
100 points x 0.25 = 25 points
100 points x0.50 = 50 points
Total 87.5 points

This looks the same to me or am I missing something

You are both saying the same thing ie you get ST renewal points to a max of 190 + half your points (as of now) awarded for attending away or cup games.

Apologies all.

The two methods do indeed give the same answer.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here