Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poppies above the Amex again....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Exactly. And as we approach the anniversary of the Battle of the Boar's Head (June 30th) I hope those poppies will still be there in all their glory as we remember the brave men who actually DID Stand or Fall for Sussex by the Sea. God bless each and every one of them.
This. The school I work at has learned loads about that battle. True heroes. One of Eastbourne's finest, Nelson Victor Carter received a posthumous VC for his heroics. Amazing men.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
The Poppies have made an appearance again in the field across from the Amex.

View attachment 97602

Love it.. Any chance of the high res version.. Will defo use this as my desktop background.. Wanna see whether I can do anything with a higher res version..

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Yes shot in RAW, slight crop and enhanced in Photoshop CC

I didn't see this post when I posted my previous comment. I love HDR, I think it looks fantastic. It's a great picture that you took.

el punal

View attachment 97615

Feel free to download this image and use it as your screen saver. I'm sure you'll agree, simply beautiful.

I love it! The zip wires in place for those wanting a quick exit. Also, the emergency exit chute (to the right of the the photo) enabling you to land on that angled roof for a safe landing onto terra firma. Top notch!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Poppies have made an appearance again in the field across from the Amex.

View attachment 97602

Good effort.

If only you'd got there a bit earlier, the sun wouldn't have been setting, and the picture would be better lit.

Better luck next time.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Good effort.

If only you'd got there a bit earlier, the sun wouldn't have been setting, and the picture would be better lit.

Better luck next time.

Very much this, it would be a lot more atmospheric if it was raining, or more in touch with the the area with some dead bats amongst the poppies

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How big is it?

This question, along with your user name, makes me think of Finbarr Saunders.

finbarr.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here