Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rottingdean Pitch & Putt

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Hi all,

I'm a Sussex-exile BHAFC STH living in Hertfordshire. I coach an U12s football team and we're bringing our team down to a tournament in Lewes in early July and making a weekend of it on the south coast.

I thought a Dads/Lads pitch & putt at Rottingdean seafront would be fun as part of our weekend away - just wanted to check if it is still open, as when I did a quick Google looked like it might have closed? If it has, can anyone recommend a different course close to Brighton (pitch & putt, not golf).

Thanks in advance for any NSC help.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
If you mean the one with the windmill just before hill going into Rottingdean then Ive never seen that open, might be totally wrong and await flaming!!

If however you mean one near Marina then that defo is still open!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
The one opposite the Marina at Roedean is still open.

And it has the cafe there as well.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Rottingdean one has been closed past 2/3 summers and there are no plans to return open it at this time. Roedean one above the marina which was the much smaller of the 2 is still open and enjoyable to play. Just try not to hit the road

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Hi all,

I'm a Sussex-exile BHAFC STH living in Hertfordshire. I coach an U12s football team and we're bringing our team down to a tournament in Lewes in early July and making a weekend of it on the south coast.

I thought a Dads/Lads pitch & putt at Rottingdean seafront would be fun as part of our weekend away - just wanted to check if it is still open, as when I did a quick Google looked like it might have closed? If it has, can anyone recommend a different course close to Brighton (pitch & putt, not golf).

Take em to footgolf mate they have one at Waterhall (I think) and another at Benfield Valley (I know).

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Hi all,

I can confirm that the Rottingdean one (the bigger one with the windmill) has been closed for about five years. The Roedean one (a bit nearer Brighton but a bit smaller) is still going strong. AFAIK they don't do bookings, so you have to take pot luck.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I can confirm that the Rottingdean one (the bigger one with the windmill) has been closed for about five years. The Roedean one (a bit nearer Brighton but a bit smaller) is still going strong. AFAIK they don't do bookings, so you have to take pot luck.

When it was first closed people used to turn up with their clubs and use it for a rough game of golf. The Council filled in the holes with concrete. **** me.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
When it was first closed people used to turn up with their clubs and use it for a rough game of golf. The Council filled in the holes with concrete. **** me.

The truth was that the franchisees of the Roedean course were peeved that some people were playing at Rottingdean for free the first winter it closed down so THEY filled the holes with concrete, NOT the Council. (It must be true - I read it in the Argus!).
This former pitch and put is now an extension to Beacon Hill nature reserve and is grazed by sheep to try to get the former flora and fauna back.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

I love the idea of getting a tee time at roe dean pitch and putt.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Rottingdean one is soon to be houses.

The truth was that the franchisees of the Roedean course were peeved that some people were playing at Rottingdean for free the first winter it closed down so THEY filled the holes with concrete, NOT the Council. (It must be true - I read it in the Argus!).
This former pitch and put is now an extension to Beacon Hill nature reserve and is grazed by sheep to try to get the former flora and fauna back.

Both true statements currently but only one will stand the test of time...........

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't forget to bring them to the Albion Museum and stadium tour the club may do you a deal also i360 they need the revenue :blush:

richinlondon

Jul 2, 2009
North London
Sad it is closed. My dad and his older brother, both Rottingdean born and bred, used to meet to play there every week when they were in their later seventies. Kept them fit and they could relive their younger days of living and playing there as children during the second world war. Hope it stays as an open space, but suspect the demand for housing will win.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here