Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Missing Parkrun again and having 10 days off running. Moving and renting our house out on Wednesday after giving ourselves 1 week notice. Everyday is like a marathon of work.
Should have worn the Garmin. Heart Rate through the Roof.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Great conditions at Preston Park this morning. I think I've gone sub 19 for the first time outside of Hove Prom (18:59) finishing 4th. Got pipped for 3rd going up the final hill. The guy was behind me every step of the run and he increased the pace up the hill, I was able to respond and ran, according to Garmin my fastest ever 0.10 of a 5k race (4:53 avr pace). That wasn't enough but at least it should give me a course PB.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Missing Parkrun again and having 10 days off running. Moving and renting our house out on Wednesday after giving ourselves 1 week notice. Everyday is like a marathon of work.
Should have worn the Garmin. Heart Rate through the Roof.

If you give me your new address I’ll send you a cake

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lovely bit of Hove Park this morning - first time for ages. Ran 11.3 miles in total, nice to catch up with [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] briefly after the run.

Just a 2k swim and 50-mile bike ride to go this weekend [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Another trip to Worthing PR and continuing my run of improving form got another SB:
21.17 (ag 69.85%) ... 38th in an impressively large field of 498.

[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - available for weakest link.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you say so:shrug:

Luckily none of those things should ever affect my running.

I don’t remember writing that CB. I was taking lots of drugs and drinking last week...... sorry old bean.
I ran for two minutes the other day and then had to get back home because I realised I’m unfit and can only run two minutes.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I was wondering what it was about Bognor. I went there this morning for the first time and finished 3rd. Not only am I not quick enough to be finishing 3rd in any parkrun with 300 runners, I did it without even getting close to 100%. I’ve run too much since Edinburgh Marathon and Worthing 10k and my legs need a rest before I fire in some fast parkruns. So I finished in 20:17. At my best I’d probably expect to do that course in 19:30 so couldn’t understand how I finished so high. But now you mention it, it is quite twisty which might put off some of the elites.

That's a good time for Bognor. It's a very slow course what with the turns (I think I once counted 28 or so of them) and then the lapping of slower and (often quite wide) runners on narrow paths. But you are right: the quicker guys tend not to show up. The running club in Bognor (Tone Zone) is not one of the stronger ones in West Sussex. So the parkrun has a lovely 'community' feel about it but it's by no means a PB course. However, a 3rd place will sit nicely in your running CV. (Twice I've done it this year and both times I've had an AG 2nd place - so it's a good place for the shallow to go to massage their egos ......….not that I'm suggesting that's your motivation - but it might just be mine!)

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Maybe it’s time to join the running league table on here, hopefully knocks will oblige. Went under 21mins for the first time at Launceston park run yesterday (20.48 67.15% AG) so getting better! Was not much above freezing at run time as well.

Have only done one 10km in my life, which was about 10 years ago and ran 43 something. Will have to do another one soon to get a time in for that. Mind you have no illusions about launching myself up the table though!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I really wish I'd shown up at Preston Park today to showdown with [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], I ran 18:54 around Hove Park. My splits weren't consistent, I ran 3:33 in the first KM and then ran about 4 minutes per KM for the remaining kilometers. I was getting excited, I was 4th until the 3rd kilometer marker when someone went past and then I lost another place just before 4k. It was a decent effort and I'm pleased to go sub-19 again and it's time to pick up the pace a bit in training - after the Weakest Link!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I really wish I'd shown up at Preston Park today to showdown with [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], I ran 18:54 around Hove Park. My splits weren't consistent, I ran 3:33 in the first KM and then ran about 4 minutes per KM for the remaining kilometers. I was getting excited, I was 4th until the 3rd kilometer marker when someone went past and then I lost another place just before 4k. It was a decent effort and I'm pleased to go sub-19 again and it's time to pick up the pace a bit in training - after the Weakest Link!

Looks like there's an Ali v Frasier match-up on the cards...……………

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Looks like there's an Ali v Frasier match-up on the cards...……………

Who’s Ali and who’s Frasier though?

I wouldn't like to comment!

Worthing's 100th parkrun next saturday so that's a definite target for me and I'm going to try and topple [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] in the NSC league table. [MENTION=11816]Artie Fufkin[/MENTION], I'm coming for you too fella... eventually!

A very pleasant 1 hour, 7 mile run this morning for me. Nothing special, just a nice plod up Benfield Valley and then down from the Dyke trail and through the woods of Woodland Drive. I saw what looked a particular popular event in Hove Park, it looked comparable to the parkrun numbers but they were running in reverse. I'm going to look up what that was about.

Also good to see [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] (twice!) motoring along on his bike. It looked to be a regular bike but the speed he was going makes me think it must be electric. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here