Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retained list

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've got this feeling skalak will be offered the opportunity to find another club, he won't be happy kicking his heels, especially after being part of the Czech side when he joined us, to missing the world cup now. He might not be our best, but the lads got a great attitude. But yeah, probably time for him to move on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
.....So far we need a CB and Utility player....to replenish the 25 man squad.With Hemed/Ulloa perhaps being replaced,then that makes 3,new signings ,CH did say it will be less hectic this year.
So far we need 1st team squad replacements for :

Hunemeier
Brown ( U21 of course )
Sidwell
Rosenior

It is not out of the question that any of Skalak, Hemed and Baldock will move on - meaning a total of 4 - 7 signings ( minus any moving up from the U23s eg Mateju or Bjordal ).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I think that is just talk and not being realistic as he will have a very long wait and if a lower Premier or Championship or even a club back in Netherlands came in for him he would go.

Quite sensible talk. Ryan is off to the Asia Cup in December and will miss a fair few Prem games and he could get injured at any time.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
So far we need 1st team squad replacements for :

Hunemeier
Brown ( U21 of course )
Sidwell
Rosenior

It is not out of the question that any of Skalak, Hemed and Baldock will move on - meaning a total of 4 - 7 signings ( minus any moving up from the U23s eg Mateju or Bjordal ).

Was SS a member of the squad post January

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was SS a member of the squad post January
No, but we had Ulloa in the squad instead. So we need a Sidwell / Ulloa replacement, I suppose.

We started last season with 25 + Brown, so 26.

So far we have 22 under contract ( assuming 3 goalies, and that Ahannach is out long term ).

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Quite sensible talk. Ryan is off to the Asia Cup in December and will miss a fair few Prem games and he could get injured at any time.

Surely the obvious move is to promote Walton to our second choice keeper. I don't know how the U23 league works but the opposition in the division can't be far off Division One, he can play second fiddle to Ryan and still get quality game time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
.....So far we need a CB and Utility player....to replenish the 25 man squad.With Hemed/Ulloa perhaps being replaced,then that makes 3,new signings ,CH did say it will be less hectic this year.

I think we'll have a window as busy as last summer. We'll find out within three months.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Surely the obvious move is to promote Walton to our second choice keeper. I don't know how the U23 league works but the opposition in the division can't be far off Division One, he can play second fiddle to Ryan and still get quality game time.

It's not that obvious. The club, and the player, may decide that Walton's development is best served by going out on loan for a season again, this time to a Championship club. CH has a big decision to make as to who will be his number 2 goalkeeper. Forward knowledge about the Asia Cup makes the decision even more important than last summer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, Premier League transfer window is 17th May - 9th August

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
I think the football league window is open later, which means teams can sort out their 25 man squads and then loan or sell their surplus after the PL window is shut.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Walton won the Golden Glove in League One so there is no way he is going to spend next season in our U23 or No.2 spot.
Wigan want to have him again next season in the Championship but his performances has alerted more than one other Championship Side.
At least with Wigan he is guaranteed the No 1 spot.
Ideally Club would keep Krul but when I saw Krul's tweet and picture this morning I wondered if this was a good bye picture?

https://twitter.com/TimKrul/status/995985129746165761

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
No, but we had Ulloa in the squad instead. So we need a Sidwell / Ulloa replacement, I suppose.

We started last season with 25 + Brown, so 26.

So far we have 22 under contract ( assuming 3 goalies, and that Ahannach is out long term ).

We have Norwood to come back as well don't we ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Walton won the Golden Glove in League One so there is no way he is going to spend next season in our U23 or No.2 spot.
Wigan want to have him again next season in the Championship but his performances has alerted more than one other Championship Side.
At least with Wigan he is guaranteed the No 1 spot.
Ideally Club would keep Krul but when I saw Krul's tweet and picture this morning I wondered if this was a good bye picture?

https://twitter.com/TimKrul/status/995985129746165761

Hope it's not a goodbye tweet. I would want Krul as our no.2 next season (Sanchez no.3) - Krul is an HGP; sadly time for Maenpaa to go, but at least hopefully he'll go somewhere where he'll actually get a regular game.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The club are usually rather quick about telling us who is going at the end of each season, come the end of the current season.
We should find out soon after the players have been informed I would have thought.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here