Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Night Manager BBC Sunday 9.00

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic drama, even Mrs Hut likes it although seems very keen on that young male lead actor for some reason that escapes me.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Evil henchmen tend to take a certain form in any production. Typically huge, monotone, thick and fatally flawed (see various Bond sidekicks).

Corky was pleasingly different from the stereotype: intelligent, sharp, witty and lecherous, not to mention a liability
A lot more than I loved David Harewood's American accent.

He played a similar character in Homeland, also with a very dodgy Yankee accent.
Dick van dyke all over again :eek:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brilliant ending

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Really enjoyed this but it was hard to watch Hugh Laurie without thinking of Prince George in Black Adder :)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Really enjoyed this but it was hard to watch Hugh Laurie without thinking of Prince George in Black Adder :)

Or in Jeeves and Wooster.

It would be like having a flashback to a conversation with Stephen Fry when Olivia Colman used the word 'discomobultated'.

I was just waiting for Hugh Laurie to smile vacantly before bursting into 'ah, well, now... now then - yes, well, now, um. I say... that's a big word for a girl, isn't it...?'

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Brilliant and enjoyable series. There is talk of a second series taking the story beyond that in the book.
Im not sure about that, although we would at least get to know if the baby was a boy or a girl.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Once in a while. When it should be often, much more often.

I'd say they are in an excellent run at the ,moment - both War and Peace and The Night Manager have been compelling Sunday night viewing. And Line of Duty has just restarted which I've only just discovered but is gripping stuff. As well as watching the opener for Series 3 I'm half way through Series 2 on iPlayer and annoyed that Series 1 isn't available.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

" Sausage Time ! "

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can imagine him saying something like " look, Aunt Agatha is having a bit of a do and she wants the party to go with a bit of a fizz so.. can you get us some shooters and a few hand held Surface to Airs ?.. nothing heavy of course ...."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here