Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Reducing immigration (already happening) would certainly help whereas continuing with net yearly immigration well over 300,000 (50% ish from the EU) is unlikely to.

If we didn't rely on immigrants to keep the economy going wouldn't we have cracked down on non eu migrants (which contribute more to immigration than EU)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Meanwhile the housing shortage gets worse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41323442

But Brexit will sort it out when all the foreigners leave. :ffsparr:

It certainly will.The silly-billies on here tell us we will lose 3 million jobs on Brexit.Statistics tell us there are over 3 million EU citizens here.So,if they all go home,unemployment stays the same and there are 3 million housing spaces.Job jobbed,everybody happy:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
It certainly will.The silly-billies on here tell us we will lose 3 million jobs on Brexit.Statistics tell us there are over 3 million EU citizens here.So,if they all go home,unemployment stays the same and there are 3 million housing spaces.Job jobbed,everybody happy:thumbsup:
Sales of bunk beds will drop though:wink:
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I am going to cancel my Sky membership. I give them money every month and they don't give me any money back. What a bunch of jokers they are. What? I gain by having sky sports? Oh yes so I do. Paying membership for something gets me access to something that I want.

Using Brexit logic I should cancel my membership and still expect access to sky sports.

We don't pay money for nothing. That point seems to be missed.

I presume you live alone.We live in a multiple-occupancy and had a vote.We decided we don't need sky sports,there's plenty of choice out there.If you want to keep on funding,I'm sure there must be a JustGiving page.If not,you could start one,and stop boring normal people to distraction.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we didn't rely on immigrants to keep the economy going wouldn't we have cracked down on non eu migrants (which contribute more to immigration than EU)

More non-EU immigrants than EU. No way, surely fake news, it can't have been true.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am going to cancel my Sky membership. I give them money every month and they don't give me any money back. What a bunch of jokers they are. What? I gain by having sky sports? Oh yes so I do. Paying membership for something gets me access to something that I want.

Using Brexit logic I should cancel my membership and still expect access to sky sports.

We don't pay money for nothing. That point seems to be missed.

on the other hand, EU are apparently asking us to pay over twice as much as our year subscription when we leave, to cover channels from years ago we didnt subscribe to and channels in the future we wouldnt have either. :wave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
3eu-obr-contributions.png

Would have been £16 Billion for the year we leave. Also interesting to note on those projections we would have probably been paying £350 million + a week in the near future ...

Coo,look at all that wasted money.That could have been spent on the NHS.No,that's silly.Let's spend it on moving the EU Parliament,and other sensible projects.:lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Seen it written at least once read back through the thread especially the time after the result. Would you prefer the term Hyporbolic crap?

OK, so your post was based on a dim recollection of some person or another saying something a year or so ago but you're not sure exactly when. A bit thin isn't it? I note that, and also the fact that you have ignored my second point and question.

I'm not sure what Hyporbolic crap is but it may be a reference to your claim that someone made a sweeping statement during 2016. My god, what's this thread coming to? I blame blood-soaked Geman bitches myself.

Jan 30, 2008
OK, so your post was based on a dim recollection of some person or another saying something a year or so ago but you're not sure exactly when. A bit thin isn't it? I note that, and also the fact that you have ignored my second point and question.

I'm not sure what Hyporbolic crap is but it may be a reference to your claim that someone made a sweeping statement during 2016. My god, what's this thread coming to? I blame blood-soaked Geman bitches myself.
grizzlers like you keep this thread ticking along, CARRY ON THOUGH :yawn:
regards
DR

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
on the other hand, EU are apparently asking us to pay over twice as much as our year subscription when we leave, to cover channels from years ago we didnt subscribe to and channels in the future we wouldnt have either. :wave:

Pay out the remainer of the contract you mean. Try and pay off your mortgage early and see what happens.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

But there have been crack downs on non EU migration over the years. Specific tiers for work permits have been suspended when abuse has been found, salary thresholds for skilled work permits have been increased, the skills shortage occupational list is constantly amended, language skills have been introduced in some sectors, fake colleges for mostly non EU citizens have been shut down, marriage scams for non EU citizens get investigated, criminal records check certificates have been introduced, sponsorships for non EU students have been tightened, right to rent rules on landlords have come into play.
Because there has not been a massive downsurge in non EU migrants is by the by,governments can always do better,but your point that non EU migrants have not been cracked down on is more of your fake news.
Why if freedom of movement is so wonderful and borderless zones are such a great EU cherished ideal do you not push for this to be extended globally, surely whats good enough for one group is good enough for all? Is it because you actually like the security that immigration rules provide?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So growth will slow rapidly to 1.0%, yet inflation higher than it's been for some time, and still rising, with the possibility of increased interest rates. Any economist on here want to wade in on possible outlook for the UK after Brexit. I'd put my money on f*cked, but it'll be ok for the muppet baby boomers who voted for Brexit, they'll be able to return to work and keep us afloat.

Lost the argument by swearing. Always a sign of losing. Try acting like a grown up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here