Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posting on away fans forums.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You wait until United are in town. There'll be loads. It's the one game I'm expecting aggro
Unlikely as they'll be Brighton born boys like many of the dick heads who for some reason support a northern club that has no relevance to them.....I put it down to lack of intelligence :lolol:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
As I read it, 'get here early, have a beer pre-match, we have guest beers for you, have a drink with us after' - surely it is just some plonker from the catering company trying to drum up some extra business from the away lot?

I agree. I think there's an even more lame agenda to this and that agenda is probably consumerism and marketing.

Re-read it with your "hospitality hat" on and you'll probably decide the OP's paychecks have a BHAFC postmark on them.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So do all you guys who don't want anything to do with opposition supporters not have any genuine friends who support other teams? I love talking footie with my mates and they support various teams from where they were born. Am I supposed to hate them or something?

I'm sure everyone does. I know I do - Burnley, Ipswich, Liverpool, Sheffield United and Blackpool being a few of them.

And no, you're not supposed to hate them and jeopardize friendships. I don't think anyone's suggesting that.

But would you consider saying something like 'we won't be able to compete against you guys' to your friends?

I don't think I could even stomach saying that as a non-League supporter playing a league team in the Cup.

And Albion and City are in the same division now.

Hate? No.

Respect? Yes.

Deferential submission before a ball's been kicked? Never.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Call me old fashioned, but why on earth do some fans feel the need to post lovey dovey messages on our opponents message boards before they get here.

Was taking a distant look on the Bluemoon board for City to see what they are thinking about today game when I found this.

Brighton fan in peace..

Firstly it's a pleasure to be hosting you in our first game, for us to play the favourites for the league at home in front of the world is the icing on the the cake for a club that has bounced back from the brink.

Genuine supporters understand we won't be able to compete against you guys and we are more focused on ensuring we do ourselves proud and keep the score line respectful! In all honesty the season starts for us the week after at Leicester where we have far more of a chance of securing some points!

Just picking up on an earlier post, here at BHAFC we are slightly unique in that as a club we try to make the whole matchday experience as welcoming and accommodating as possible, I'm also pretty certain we are the only PL club that welcomes away fans into our home concourses after the game. With that in mind it would be great to see a few City fans after the game in the North Stand concourse and believe it or not you will be welcome!

I take on board the comments about the standard of drinks available in concourses but again we are slightly different in that we have guest Ales and also local Ales from Sussex.

In terms of pre match you are also welcome in our supporters bar which is located next to the club shop and although it tends to get busy, if you arrive in plenty of time you shouldn't have a problem enjoying a pre match beverage whilst engaging with our home support.

Getting out of the Amex can prove difficult, it really is worth staying behind for a beer afterwards, give it 30/40 minutes and the train queues and car parks are well on their way to clearing.

Once again, it's a privalidge to host you guys, I genuinely hope you enjoy The Amex, and if you were kind enough to allow us the odd point, a beer will be waiting for you in the North Stand concourse after the game.

Please feel free to ask any questions to make your matchday experience as easy as possible.

This is a fairly devious Palace troll.

A sophisticated one, even, but there are a few key giveaways and once you get to "make your matchday experience... etc" the jig is prettymuch up.

It reads exactly like what a smart but hostile author would project for "simpering, guileless t w a t" :) one thing you might like to notice is how it touches on key points of pride but in such a blank passionless way... (back from the brink / ales from sussex etc) imagine it was you writing as a palace WUM and you can see how it becomes satirical

...spot the rest of the giveaways for yourself... a good wind-up because the "old guard" will be fooled that some twenty something yuppie with "a haircut" might write this... they wouldn't... it's a WUM :p

A great effort though - 7/10

Last edited:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
So you would actually beat up a City fan that you found out was sat next to you in the West stand but stayed quiet all game and didn't make it apparent that he was a City fan? I understand people getting agitated if someone is in the home stand and giving it large but if they are keeping themselves to themselves it hardly merits violence

I would want to know how they got hold of a bl**dy ticket .

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Sounds like a 'football' fan rather than a BHA supporter. Almost apologising for turning up to the party, like we are all thankful for the opportunity to fawn at their greatness. Utter drivel.
I am a genuine supporter and fully expect our boys to fight like animals to turn them over, anything less is unacceptable. I expect every Man C chant to be drowned out by the N,E&W stands, expect every strong challenge by them to be met with fury by the masses, and every chance to smash the ball into their net taken like lives depended on it. You lay out the red carpet if you like, I want their road to be bit rockier.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Never watched the reaction in the concourses when the big six score? Of course they haven't been obvious during a game, we weren't playing in the Premier League. FFS

I've always assumed they have got bets on the score or similar.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Sounds to me that you've all been fooled in the same way the poster in question has fooled the Man City lads. It is obviously one of our 'Top Boys' lulling the city fans into a false sense of security. There will be no hunting the city fans down today. We just wait for them to come to us in the NS concourse and then hit them with fire and fury, the likes of which the World has never seen!

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think a few of our fans from 83, 89 and Withdean might disagree with you. Especially Withdean. Shocking scenes.

I don't recall anything from the Withdean game. But, I'm not going to doubt you. As for 83 and 89, I wasn't there so would love to know more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would NEVER sit in an away end and not expect to get abuse, the same as any away fan sat in our end should expect abuse.

If you are an away fan, don't sit in the home ends.
There's a distinction between sitting in the home end and sitting in the stands at the sides of the pitch, which are also normally occupied by home supporters, usually of the less hostile and aggressive variety (these fans were sitting in seats by choice before all-seaters became compulsory).

The GIF dude

Mar 22, 2013
Sidwell
Do you guys have a problem with my post on there?

We are a family club and I think it's a great idea to be friendly and welcoming to the away fans and to make them feel at home and comfortable whilst visiting our tremendous ground!

On another note I think you will find there is many fans of the top six teams at the Amex - myself included! I often change who I support, for example Arsenal in the early 2000s and Manchester United when they started winning again. I only adopted the super seagulls as a second team when we got promoted from League One :albion2:

Lets all get behind the fact we share a passion for the beautiful game and enjoy the great footy on display this evening!

Come on the Gulls! :albion2::amex::ascarf::bhasign:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

We are a family club and I think it's a great idea to be friendly and welcoming to the away fans and to make them feel at home and comfortable whilst visiting our tremendous ground!

On another note I think you will find there is many fans of the top six teams at the Amex - myself included! I often change who I support, for example Arsenal in the early 2000s and Manchester United when they started winning again. I only adopted the super seagulls as a second team when we got promoted from League One :albion2:

Lets all get behind the fact we share a passion for the beautiful game and enjoy the great footy on display this evening!

:fishing:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Post more Gifs or FO

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It is a bit vomit inducing.
That post is one step away from an offer to nosh them off in the toilets!

...but he would make it clear first that he knows he is not actually worthy to nosh them off in the toilets but would be extremely honoured if they would at least deign to give him that opportunity.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
We should all be on trolling high alert at this stage.

The trick is that all sense of masculinity is stripped from the posts of these trolls. We are left with some imaginary Whimsical Ponce who is happy in victory or defeat, is mostly interested in a sense of housekeeping for "his club", and seems to adhere to a sense of sportsmanship only found in books about all-female boarding schools written for children in the twenties.

Gruff blokey-blokes (which do actually exist as football fans) meanwhile fear that the above kind of fan might actually exist. They don't. If you like football you know it is about shitting on the grave of your opponents ancestors if it'll gain your team a point, and the love of football itself is probably an inoculation against developing too much poncery in any other area of life, should you otherwise be under any risk of it.

Post like the simpering, testicle-free and gutless one posted by the OP are troll posts, performed by individuals even sadder than the saddest thing you think you could possibly imagine, including a capsizing cargo-ship full of kittens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here