Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Are we really still hearing from upset Tories that this was anything but a DISASTER for the right?

Just look at the facts. How are you going to persuade the electorate to vote for you again? There are no ideas and you've nothing left to bribe people with. Even your ferocious press machine has failed.

What we're witnessing is what's been predicted for years now. We just needed the belief that things could change. Now we've seen they can, the parties of progress will only increase their share.

Honestly, there's nothing left in the tank. Regressive politics has been found out.

Regroup and try something new but please stop trying desperately to dress this up as anything less than a shambles for the Conservatives

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Corbyn was filmed on Social Media with Stormzy

And how exactly is that different, from the Tory party having Lord Sugar all over twitter warning of the horrors that lay in store* if we voted Labour?

*like the removal of generous tax breaks for big businesses like his own, entirely coincidentally

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are we really still hearing from upset Tories that this was anything but a DISASTER for the right?
I don't know as I don't know who they are, but apparently they know. It's all a bit secret.

And how exactly is that different, from the Tory party having Lord Sugar all over twitter warning of the horrors that lay in store* if we voted Labour?

*like the removal of generous tax breaks for big businesses like his own, entirely coincidentally
Umm, not really same at all but hey ho.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Oct 25, 2003

I think its different because all the Tory ones were twats and all the Labour ones were people that the general public actually like

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Rather well said!

There was a post earlier (can't find it now) celebrating the fact that Brighton had run the Tories out of town. The good news is of course that the rest of Sussex has retained its senses and remained blue. Not surprising that Brighton has rejected the Conservatives with the city full of students who will support any party that offers them lots of free stuff withhout any concern for the consequencies. Free tuition? I'll vote for that. No iota of concern as to whence the money cometh. As a taxpayer I actually do not particularly want to finance the further education of every student waster who would rather study for three years than get a job. Then, having made themselves virtually unemployable by covering their bodies with tattoos and piercings, they complain that they cannot find work and blame the government!

Theresa May really shot herself in the foot with this fiasco. In future please please let's have political campaigns focussed more on the party than the leader.

Spoken like a true Tory, that is why your party is a total shambles.
Even now you don't get it do you.
If another election is called soon you and your sort will be in opposition, where you belong.
I am getting very worried about your mate Hastings Gull, but at least, unlike you he seems to have gone to ground.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So you expected Labour to nullify May completely?

No. All I'm saying is that most of the polls at the end (note: not the exit poll) were clearly wrong, so there's a decent chance the polls at the beginning were too. What was the final difference at the ballot box - 4% or so? So, maybe the opening differential was more like 14%, not 22%. There's no way of knowing of course, and I think you'll struggle to find anyone who'll suggest that the Labour campaign wasn't streets ahead of the Conservatives.

Oct 25, 2003
the tories completely underestimated just how hated they are by young people in this country and their inability to attract young voters has cost them dear. A good example is the media- the tories went all in on newspapers whereas Labour did a lot on social media with the intention of making their message accessible to young voters. It's just another example of the arrogance of May and she probably assumed that young people just wouldn't bother, whereas Corbyn, alongside some notable celebs who young people admire managed to mobilise "da kidz" and gambled on the fact that he could get young people to vote

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
One result I missed last night was Thanet South. This was the Tory MP who was charged with electoral fraud. Anyway, he got back in - what happens if he is found guilty, presumably he won't be able to vote - thus making the 'majority' a bit smaller for a while?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Since when has Alan Sugar become a Tory peer? He was Labour for a very long time!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
No. All I'm saying is that most of the polls at the end (note: not the exit poll) were clearly wrong, so there's a decent chance the polls at the beginning were too. What was the final difference at the ballot box - 4% or so? So, maybe the opening differential was more like 14%, not 22%. There's no way of knowing of course, and I think you'll struggle to find anyone who'll suggest that the Labour campaign wasn't streets ahead of the Conservatives.

I get that - so trends are telling us to elect......

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If another election is called soon you and your sort will be in opposition, where you belong.

I'm not sure how you determine "belong" here. The closest way of measuring it that I can think of is a General Election that was held yesterday. In that the Conservative party received 13,616,601 votes which was the most of any party and 318 seats, also the most of any party.

How are you measuring belong in this instance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here