Banner at Leverkusen tonight?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Staying with the Albion - German theme: Interview with our very own 'Herr Hunemeier' in 'Der Spiegel' last week. The headline roughly translates to 'Some are on the way.'

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...aufstieg-in-die-premier-league-a-1143705.html

To bring a spot of doom & gloom to a potentially glorious day: Uwe has played in Bundesliga for both Cottbus & Paderborn previously. Both clubs then crashed through the leagues after Uwe left. Cottbus now play at the forth level with Paderborn looking good to get relegated from the third tier atm. Tony must offer Uwe a ten year contract to keep him at The Albion in order to break the curse!

My German's not great but I love the bit in that interview where Uwe explains the 'mighty German' chant to the interviewer.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Awesome and a pre-season game (or 2-3 game camp over there) would be excellent. Wonder if there are any cheap players worth scouting around there.

Lush

Mods' Pet
My German's not great but I love the bit in that interview where Uwe explains the 'mighty German' chant to the interviewer.

Google translate says...

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Per Mertesacker, fans of FC Arsenal are in for a big crowd, the fans celebrate him as "Big ****ing German". Do you already have a nickname?

Hünemeier: It does not sound so beautiful, but our fans sing "He is a mighty German" with the melody from a song from the "King of Lions". Until our first game in the Premier League, they still have some time to practice.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
IMG_1994.JPG

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Those Leverkusen fans that brought the banner over are gonna be disappointed with the hotdogs at the Amex. Not exactly bratwurst quality! !

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's our young "lads" who've made a friendship with there "lads". All a bit gay for my liking but that's modern football.

So out "top" boys and "young" lads met with their "top" boys and "young" lads and are now in love. What about our and their "bottom" boys and "old" codgers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here