Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw him a few weeks back and concur. He's a real talent, seemingly bursting with ideas, and I like the fact he considers the visual aspect of his show (and himself) as well. The bit where he sings Carousel away from his set-up with a standing mike was a good touch. A complete artist

It it will be interesting to see where he goes next.

PS and he loves craft beer and real ale. What's not to like?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Off to see local rockers Black State Highway at Bleach tonight. Straight up classic bluesy rock if you like that sort of thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apparently, they were off to the Brighton Beer Dispensary post show.

His set flew by in a very good way last night. I quite liked Hannah Peel as well.

His manager's tour blog makes quite an interesting read.

According to. EIY's Facebook they ended up in Craft Beer Co as well. Yes, I've seen some of the tour diary. They really seem to make the most of life on the road.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just bought 2 tickets for Young Fathers, a hastily arranged gig a week on Sunday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm seeing Mikal Cronin on Monday. His new album is a bit of a departure.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
British Sea Power Wednesday and Saturday. Drums aloft with the return of Eamon!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm seeing Mikal Cronin on Monday. His new album is a bit of a departure.

Saw him and his band at Primavera. Sounds far far more rocky live and the show benefits from lacking the excessive over instrumentation that makes MCIII a step down from MCII. Really want to see him again but he hasn't played Brighton in ages.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Saw him and his band at Primavera. Sounds far far more rocky live and the show benefits from lacking the excessive over instrumentation that makes MCIII a step down from MCII. Really want to see him again but he hasn't played Brighton in ages.

Hey [MENTION=8329]Spider[/MENTION] how was Primavera?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just the Roundhouse Sea Power gig for me this week. Then Don Giovanni at Covent Garden next Tuesday followed by yet another trip to the Roundhouse for Faith no More next Wednesday and Brakes at the Concorde on the friday completing my pre-Glastonbury gigging for June.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here