Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange headgear on Sussex CCC supporters

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
I was in the area around Hove cricket ground around 10 pm last night and saw a group of people wearing strange headbands,resembling a tuft of hair either blue or white,about six inches high and held up by a thick elasticated band. I have no idea what this is about...is it homage to a player,unique to Sussex,or some quirky fad or fashion?

Thanks.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was in the area around Hove cricket ground around 10 pm last night and saw a group of people wearing strange headbands,resembling a tuft of hair either blue or white,about six inches high and held up by a thick elasticated band. I have no idea what this is about...is it homage to a player,unique to Sussex,or some quirky fad or fashion?

Thanks.

And some were grown men as well…

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was at the T20 and yes it's a very odd thing. I have no idea who decided they were a good idea, but they did look a bit silly. That said there was no shortage of people willing to wear them, and they were given out free.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Thanks.

At Canterbury they did the same but with maroon hair. The sponsors pay for them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wish Sussex would concentrate on having a decent range of gear in their shop, rather than handing out silly freebies.

I'm sure they lose thousands each year because their clothing range is naff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
When Sussex are playing any true fans should wear one of these....... paperbaghead.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Thanks.
Having seen a few matches on tv this year every club is doing it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here